Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one batted an eye at what SR says he watches primarily!! Hmmmm.

Comment

Update

http://www.pcworld.com/article/28246...rkarounds.html

If you install chrome from the lastest chrome

http://ubuntuportal.com/2014/04/how-...usty-tahr.html

I can now watch netflix on Kubuntu in my case and it is fast no issues. I use the #1 on the post above. Now have a question this is legal right? I posted this on the Linux page of Tomshardware.com and they removed it. All I can think of they muct think it is illegal. Which I can not see why they would think that.
      Last edited by Guest; Jan 27, 2015, 09:33 AM.

Comment

why would it not be leagel .........you can just point your web browser to google chrome ................................

click "download" .................................................. ....................

chose the type you need and click "Accept and install"

and let "Qapt" do it's thing .........................now you have just installed Google chrome ,,, from Google's own web site with their blessing ....... what is not legal?

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

its good to know that netflix now works with chrome as i have never managed to get it to work with firefox
          but i do have firefox working with amazon prime movie streaming which i am unable to do with chrome ...
          Hope this helps. Steve ...
          Nothing travels faster than the speed of light, except bad news.
          Shuttle XS35 - Intel Atom 1.6 - 4GB Ram - 500GB HDD - Linux Kubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by MrSteve View Post
            its good to know that netflix now works with chrome as i have never managed to get it to work with firefox
            but i do have firefox working with amazon prime movie streaming which i am unable to do with chrome ...
            witch way did you use to accomplish that .....the "hal" PPA https://launchpad.net/~mjblenner/+ar...ubuntu/ppa-hal

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

yes using the HAL ppa you posted above ...
              Hope this helps. Steve ...
              Nothing travels faster than the speed of light, except bad news.
              Shuttle XS35 - Intel Atom 1.6 - 4GB Ram - 500GB HDD - Linux Kubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
                No one batted an eye at what SR says he watches primarily!! Hmmmm.

No need. Steve is well informed. He knows all about hairy palms!!
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

so since we were revisiting this thread I got to thinking (O no Vin that could be dangerous) about amazon/netflix (I was watching amazon at the time in full screen)and how you cant use your youtube-dl or firefox extension download-helper to get/download flix from these sites.

So as I am looking at the screen I think ........why not just do a ffmpeg screen capture

a little fiddling and man page reading + a 1/2 hour trile and error ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and bingo .

a full hd1080.mp4 of a snippet ,,,,,,,,,,,,well not perfect yet ,,,,,,sound is off sink by a sec or 2 ,,,and wont be perfect as I just did it as proof of concept kind of thing and am happy with the result as is for that.

really no reason to go further with it as I can watch the amazon/netflix whenever I want anyway . So why ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,because I can

VINNY
                  16GB RAM

Comment

Yes something about rules of conduct. maybe they did not like my title which was "Ladies and gentleman we now have netflix on ubuntu.

than I post what I posted here. Anywho I emailed the company that owns tomes hardware we will see why if they reply.
                    Last edited by Guest; Jan 28, 2015, 04:16 PM.

Comment

II can't get Firefox to work in any browser. 3 days ago Netflix went white-screen in the middle of a movie. Any chance any of you are willing to help me get it back.

I have looked for the methods offered in Google Search, and here is what I have tried unsuccessfully. I installed Konqueror, Chromium, and Firefox. None of them play Netflix anymore. From my Google search I removed Netflix Desktop and installed as follows:

sudo add-apt-repository ppaipelight/stable

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install pipelight-multi

sudo pipelight-plugin --enable silverlight

User Agent Switcher 0.7.3
                      by chrispederick
                      The User Agent Switcher extension adds a menu and a toolbar button to switch the user agent of a browser.

After completing the instruction I restarted my computer, selected Netflix and a movie and here is what came onscreen:

Instant Watching System Compatibility
                      Complete System Requirements
                      To watch instantly, you''ll need a computer that meets the following minimum requirements:
                      Windows
                      Windows Vista or Windows 7
                      Internet Explorer 8 or higher; or the latest version of Firefox; or the latest version of Chrome
                      1.2 GHz processor
                      512 MB RAM
                      Mac
                      An Intel-based Mac with OS 10.4.11 or later
                      Safari 4 or higher; or the latest version of Firefox; or the latest version of Chrome
                      1 GB RAM
                      Chrome OS
                      A Google Chromebook or Chromebox running Chrome OS 29 or higher

The agent switcher was supposed to be the bridge to a functioning viewer.

Thanks for any help. Netflix is my voice-in-the-room; I need voices in the room.
                      Last edited by Snowhog; Jan 30, 2015, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Hi Shabakthanai

For you to stream netflix you will have to skip firefox. untill firefox supports the goggle plugin that is not going to happen.

Follow this link below and install chrome broswer than you can what netflix. I have this installed and it works great.

http://ubuntuportal.com/2014/04/how-...usty-tahr.html

use the #1 on the above option list

If you get dependency issues than type apt-get -f install

I had dependency issue and that fixed the issue I had.
                        Last edited by Guest; Feb 02, 2015, 02:01 PM. Reason: spelling I am so bad

Comment

Working...
                        X