This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video too big

Hello all, here is the thing: I recorded a video but the camera was set to HD quality (mp4). Now I need to convert it to a lower definition format (avi?) to upload it to Youtube because the file goes to 1.8GB (It is too big ans takes forever to upload and process) I can't make a new video. How can I do this with Kubuntu?

Handbrake

Please Read Me

Comment

BTW: AVI isn't a video format, rather it's a container. Formats are 1080i, PAL, NTSC, 720p, etc. Handbrake will easily let you select both a format and container. AVI is also rather out-dated, MP4 is better these days.

Please Read Me

Comment

Many options:

Avidemux Qt is in the official repositories.

:~$ apt-cache show avidemux-qt
        Package: avidemux-qt
        Priority: optional
        Section: multiverse/graphics

Description: a free video editor - QT version
        Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and
        encoding tasks. It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible
        MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated
        using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
        This package contains the QT4 version.
        Homepage: http://avidemux.org

Another option is to use the media player to do the conversion: http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...ng-MP4-to-DivX
        A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
        Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
          BTW: AVI isn't a video format, rather it's a container. Formats are 1080i, PAL, NTSC, 720p, etc.
          So is MP4

Another alternative is kdenlive does a very good job at rendering videos to different types.

Comment

Working...
          X