Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vinny thinks vinny's music colection will be growing ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vinny thinks vinny's music colection will be growing ;)

so I just remembered Audacity's ability to record straight from the sound system via the "monitor of built in audio"and pulseaudio volume control,,,,,,,,,,,muahaha ,,,,,this + radiotray = full hard drive

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Where you can really have fun is if you have Xm or Sirius. There are apps available which grab the data stream and rip songs to HD complete with ID3/4 info embedded into the file type of your choice (ogg, mp3, wma, etc..) I considered doing this a while back, but decided I'd be quickly out of my limited storage space. Maybe one day...

cheers,
    Bill
    sigpic
    A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. --Albert Einstein

Comment

New 2tb drives can be had for less than $100!

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
        New 2tb drives can be had for less than $100!
        :eek: Ooooo I will half to start a savings bank for that , sounds great , but at this time I cant afford $10.00 for a six pack let alone $100 ..........

I do have 2 old 100Gig and 1 old 200Gig drives laying around and an HD-enclosure I can plug into the laptop by USB and store stuff to them untill I can treat myself to something like that

VINNY
        16GB RAM

Comment

I remember when they said, dual tape decks would be the end of record sales...

Joking, I am NOT that old, omg I think that was something my grandma told me.

Vinny you can get a lot of decent free music (surprising legal) from http://www.jamendo.com/en/ just an FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
            I remember when they said, dual tape decks would be the end of record sales...

Joking, I am NOT that old, omg I think that was something my grandma told me.

Vinny you can get a lot of decent free music (surprising legal) from http://www.jamendo.com/en/ just an FYI.
            thanks ,,,,,will look into it.

VINNY

O and I am a gradpaw and do remember that
            16GB RAM

Comment

Vinny, next time I pull an old drive I'll mail it to you.

Please Read Me

Comment

USB 2.0 external hard drives, 1TB - 2TB, $85 - $100, from Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...name=USB%202.0
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Vinny, next time I pull an old drive I'll mail it to you.
                  Cool PM fore address if you dont find it in a post hear ,,,,,,,I'm sure it's hear somewhere I'm not to paranoid about such things

to explane a bit further ,,,,when the construction industry started slowing down hear in NC the company I was working for could not get a lot of contracts and our hours started dropping off untill we were drawing more unemployment than work untill they finally closed the doors .
                  I spent a year trying to get a job untill I broke down and applied at a temp agency 2 days later I had a job at a factory that makes custom drawers for cabinet makers , but it only pay's $7.50 an hour where I was making $14.50 , I run 4 variety saw's and 2 cutoff saw's (not all at once ) and should get $12.00-14.00 for what I do but ,,,,,threw a temp agency ??
                  at this rate of pay and the fact my wife cant work it is vary hard to pay all the bills to keep up the house hold

VINNY
                  16GB RAM

Comment

hello
                    best i like is audacious media player; it uses less RAM and works great for my kubuntu 12.10

Comment

Interesting to see this thread -- for a couple reasons. Space: I have 500 GB of music that I mostly don't listen to anymore. Time: I am only now able to get back into my normal routine (including KFN presence) after an absence not under my control. But for much longer than that, I've felt I had little time just to relax and listen to music. How do you guys find the time? :jealous:

Comment

In my house (only 300GB here ), it usually starts on Friday after we've all come home from school/work and had a couple of classes of wine. Somebody mentions a theme or song or movie, whatever - then my wife yells out; "Honey, play some <fill-in -the-blank>!" and we're off to the races!

I load about 40 songs give-or-take into Amarok and we pull another cork. From there - it's all down (or up, depending on your angle) hill...

...I LOVE Fridays! :cool:

Please Read Me

Comment

In my house (only 300GB here ), it usually starts on Friday after we've all come home from school/work and had a couple of classes of wine. Somebody mentions a theme or song or movie, whatever - then my wife yells out; "Honey, play some <fill-in -the-blank>!" and we're off to the races!

I load about 40 songs give-or-take into Amarok and we pull another cork. From there - it's all down (or up, depending on your angle) hill...

...I LOVE Fridays! :cool:
                          LOL ,,,,,I like Fridays as well ,,,,,,,,BUT today is Sunday, time to turn down Amarok , put the cork back in the bottle and get ready for the dreaded Monday..............LOL ,,, and to that end "good night"

VINNY
                          16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                          X