X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 5.10 Breezy CD Labels

Hello Everyone,
    Tonight I threw together some CD/DVD labels that I thought looked fairly good.
    They are not the fanciest out. But to the best of my knowledge, they are the only ones out
    I made them in GIMP and saved them in PNG format.
    I used OpenOffice.org to print to the CD labels, by adjusting the top margin and centering the image. Some scaleing is needed as well.
    They print best on glossy paper. But they do not look good on regular printer paper.
    Here is a jpg preview:
    [img width=397 height=400]http://www.geocities.com/bigbandit2004/Kubuntu510-CDLabels-Preview.jpg[/img]

The rest can be downloaded here:
    http://www.geocities.com/bigbandit20...Bandit.tar.bz2

Cheers,
    Joey

Re: Kubuntu 5.10 Breezy CD Labels

I like it. When you actually print the label, does it look a little rough around the kubuntu logo and word like it does in the jpg? Or maybe you were just trying to get the size down for posting it. Looks awesome

Thanks for posting it.

Comment

No worrys The good files in the bzip file are in PNG format and they look crystal clear..
      I didnt want to take up huge amount of room on my website directory so I shrunk it down in low q ulality jpeg..
      Just remember on regular printer paper they dont contrast well, but on the CD/DVD labeling paper they look realy nice. Esp on glossy labels
      Cheers and thanks,
      Joey

Comment

Is there a program that you can make up CD labels up on? Im looking for something similar to Nero i guess...  I have a Litescribe DVD burner that is suppose to burn labels on the tops of cds but need a program that will allow... Its really no big deal, i can always bust out the sharpie but it would be kinda cool if I could get it working.. Thanks..

Comment

Hey, kool! Thanx for posting this.

Comment

Way good!
            Kubuntu, I'm learning it, I'm loving it.

Comment

I can't use it once I had a disc that has paper covers on it, and when I put it into my CD drive, I realised that my disc got warped due to the expansion of the disc and the tension of the paper holding the disc together. due to the warped condition I couldnt use the disc until I scratched at the paper to make some allowances for the disc to expand a bit, anyone had this problems with paper and discs?
              cheers!
              -=|From the desk of|=-
              «•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
              «•´¨*•.¸¸whoiam55.¸¸.•*¨`•»
              «•´`•.(¸.•´(¸.•* *•.¸)`•.¸).•´`•»
              Reg. Linux User # 400637

Comment

LOL, I never heard of that before..
                Of course I burn the disc and by the time I get around to putting the labels on they are way cooled back to room temp.
                Cheers,
                Joey

Comment

Working...
                X