Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ImageMagick menu fonts are so tiny, it is unusable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ImageMagick menu fonts are so tiny, it is unusable.

I noticed ImageMagick comes with Kubuntu 22.04 and some people talk about how useful it is. I try to use it and the menu fonts are so tiny and faded I do not see how anyone uses it. Does anyone know how I can make the fonts large enough to see it. If not, is it safe to remove it (dependencies) and what is the best way to remove ImageMagick? I have not been able to find any information on the menu font size.

Are you using the default Themes, or are you using a downloaded theme(s)?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Are you using the default Themes, or are you using a downloaded theme(s)?
      Using the default theme that it came with. I can't see how to change anything. Used a magnifying glass as well with no success.

Comment

ImageMagick has a GUI? Menus?
        I must have completely missed something - I only have known and used it as a CLI program suite (see e.g. man imagemagick). I still use it for batch conversions etc.

PS: OMG - you are right, it has a GUI for X11! Looks like it is 1992 again… Astonishing! I love Linux, one can learn something every day.

PPS:
        - I don't think you can change the font type or font size from within the GUI at all.
        - You can see the reverse dependencies with e.g. apt rdepends imagemagick | grep -i depends | sort. So if you don't use e.g. Calibre or PlayOnLinux it should be safe to remove.
        Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Nov 06, 2023, 08:20 PM. Reason: added PPS
        Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
        Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
        install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
          I must have completely missed something
          Easily missed, or forgotten - run the simple command display

Comment

Yes, I know display. But I thought this was only the X11 output of my image - I really did not know about any menus (the "GUI").
            One can get the menus when one clicks into the window, btw…
            Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
            Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
            install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

"PS: OMG - you are right, it has a GUI for X11! Looks like it is 1992 again… Astonishing! I love Linux, one can learn something every day. ​" Schwarzer Kater

CRT monitor era was my first thought as well. After running apt rdepends imagemagick | grep -i depends | sort
              ​I will leave ImageMagick installed as it is and simply not use it.

You and claydoh 's tutelage is appreciated and valued.

Comment

Working...
              X