This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forum logo refresh ?

here is a couple of ideas and a plastic chrome combo just a look a different look .
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Thank you. Not sure we'll use them, but I will check them out.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I didn't think much of this post at first, until I realized there is no Kubuntu branding of this forum.

Comment

They're very nice. #1 my favourite.
        And they should be used. I mean, what self-respecting forum has a vBulletin logo and favicon. Bad taste, it's what it is :·/

Comment

Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
          They're very nice. #1 my favourite.
          And they should be used. I mean, what self-respecting forum has a vBulletin logo and favicon. Bad taste, it's what it is :·/
          My favicon is the Kubuntu logo, on every browser tab, bookmark, OS, logged in or not. Where are you seeing any vBulletin logos? I haven't seen any since shortly after the software upgrade, or when I last had to sync bookmarks to a new setup, until the correct favicon was fetched shortly after. Still looking for what might cause this.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Of course we need to rule out any caching or browser extension issues as well, hopefully this is a local issue and not the norm.
          Last edited by claydoh; Jan 11, 2022, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I can say here on all Browsers I see the Kubuntu Logo as the FAV icon.

Comment

Yup.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                Thank you. Not sure we'll use them, but I will check them out.
                No worries just had an idea And ran with it

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_9209.png Views:	4 Size:	3.0 KB ID:	659666 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_9208.png Views:	3 Size:	4.5 KB ID:	659667

These are from Firefox.

[EDIT] Top of page:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image_9210.png
Views:	219
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	659670
                  Last edited by Don B. Cilly; Jan 11, 2022, 08:27 PM.

Comment

What vBulletin Theme are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post

Name:	image_9209.png
Views:	217
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	659666 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_9208.png
Views:	217
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	659667
                      These are from Firefox.
                      Seems like a personal problem... j/k

Name:	Screenshot_20220111_212525.png
Views:	211
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	659674 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220111_212704.png
Views:	212
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	659675

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                        What vBulletin Theme are you using?
                        Default vB5 Style. I tried a few others, I just get different styles of vBulletin logos :·/
                        Which are very unlikely to have been cached, I've never seen them before...

Comment

Cool Blue Wide is the current default theme, with plain Cool Blue being the original default theme when we first set up the new vBulletin upgrade. Those will have the correct favicons.
                          I imagine we need to either get rid of extra themes, or go through and Kubuntu-ify all of them.
                          Last edited by claydoh; Jan 11, 2022, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Cool Blue Wide works :·)
                            I found the vB5 one slightly nicer, but if Cool Blue is the default... it's OK, I guess.
                            I still think #1 in the OP is really nice :·)

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                              Cool Blue Wide is the current default theme, with plain Cool Blue being the original default theme when we first set up the new vBulletin upgrade. Those will have the correct favicons.
                              I imagine we need to either get rid of extra themes, or go through and Kubuntu-ify all of them.
                              I'll look in to this. The simplest approach would be to disable (make NOT available) all the other themes that aren't "Kubuntufied".

I'll inquire on vBulletin Forums if there's a simple way to have our logo applied globally using css. I'd find it hard to believe that vBulletin would expect/require hand editing of all the themes to accomplish this.

Accomplished via Site Builder. I've applied our Logo change to all themes. I'll look into the favicon.

The favicon.ico image shown in post #11 is what we are using, and it will show in any of the Themes selected. If it doesn't show, then it's an issue on the users end.
                              Last edited by Snowhog; Jan 12, 2022, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X