This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu-Simple (KSplash Theme)

I've posted a Kubuntu Ksplash theme (KDE bootsplash) on KDE-Look, if you wish to have a look:
    http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=42547

Any comments, criticism or improvement suggestions are gladly accepted...especially reports on how it works on resolutions other than 1280x1024 (haven't had time to fully test it yet :P)

Re: Kubuntu-Simple (KSplash Theme)

Nice, will test on widescreen when I get my computer back.
    <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

I specially liked the blue one.

kubicle, could I ask a very big favor from you?
      Could you post a sort of tutorial on how to make Splash Screens, specially using Moodin? I've been trying to look for one for quite some time now.
      Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

Thanks for the comments

And it would be nice to hear how the theme behaves on widescreen.

Originally posted by Jucato
        Could you post a sort of tutorial on how to make Splash Screens, specially using Moodin?
        Hmm...I'm sure I could whip something up, but the Theme.rc is fairly simple to get a hang of.

I'd say the best (and if not best then certainly fun ) way to learn is picking up a few interesting themes and see how they are done and start toying with them.

On my themes I added some 'more or less helpful' comments in the Theme.rc file itself to help modify them and learn what the options do.

There is also a list of available options in the source package of the Moodin engine (filename 'THEMEOPTIONS')

I'll post it here for reference (I know it's relatively cryptic and some entries are incomplete, so you'll probably have to play around with them to fully understand how to work with them) :

Theme.rc Options        Type            Default
        ===============================================

X ^= Number from 1 to 8 (Labels are limited by "Labels" option)

- General
        Background              <filename>      Search order: <given>.png, Background-<width>x<height>.png, Background.png
        UsersBackground         <boolean>       false (use the wallpaper of the current desktop)
        BaseResolution          <width,height>  1280x1024 (the resolution was designed in -> NECCESSARY for auto scaling)
        SplashRect              <x,y,w,h>       screen size (sullscreen)

- Labels
        Labels                  <num>           0
        LabelX                  <text>          X = No. (Use ML: as prefix for magiclabels, i.e.: ML:loginname (case insensetive))
        LabelColorX             <color>         ffffff
        LabelFontX              <font>          Trebuchet MS  (i.e.: Arial,14,-1,0,5,50,0)
        LabelCoordsX            <x,y>           centered
        StatusMessageX          <text>          passed by ksplash
        StatusColor         <color>         ffffff (White)
        StatusFont              <font>          Trebuchet MS
        StatusPosition          <x,y>           50,50
        LabelShadow              <boolean>      true
        LabelShadowColor         <color>        6d6d6d (dark gray)
        LabelShadowOffset            <x,y>      2,2
        ShowStatusText          <boolean>       true
        Translate               <boolean>       true (i18n i.e.: Welcome (en) -> Willkommen (de))

- Images
        AnimationLength         <number>        30 (fading steps)
        AnimationDelay          <number>        30 (delay between steps in milliseconds)
        BeginOpacity            <number>        0.2 (value between 0 an 1)
        UseIconSet              <boolean>       true (use current icon set instead of 1.png, 2.png, ... (see below))
        IconSetSize             <number>        48 (size of icons)
        ImageX                  <filename>      if UseIconSet is true, you can override single icons (or all) by just giving
                                                their name. they need not to be in the theme directory!
                                                if UseIconSet is false, the engine searches for 1.png to 8.png by default
                                                but you can also override the image names

- Image Arrangement (currently a little hard to explain, just play )
        AppendX                 <boolean>       true => horizontal (follow direction type) X is not a number here!
        ImageSpacer             <number>        if UseIconSet its IconSetSize otherwise 0 (used for auto arrangement with AppendX and -1 values)
        ImageCoordsX            <x,y>           -1,-1 (center vert. and horiz.)
        ImageOffset             <x,y>           0,0 (move images i.e. if they have unknown positions (have a look at MoodinKDE)
        LineUpImages            <boolean>       false (if true, icons are aligned center (See MoodinKDE))
        Finally, I'll add a piece of Theme.rc that I'm planning to include as an option in the next versions of my splash screens, so you can have a look of what can be done (though it's not very well documented :P)

Code:
        Labels = 4
        Label1 = ML:CMD:echo User: `grep ${USER} /etc/passwd | cut -d: -f5 | cut -d, -f1`
        LabelFont1 = Freesans,11,-1,5,50,0
        LabelCoords1 = 20,30
        LabelColor1 = #ffffbb
        Label2 = ML:CMD:echo Login: ${USER}@`hostname`
        LabelFont2 = Freesans,11,-1,5,50,0
        LabelCoords2 = 20,50
        LabelColor2 = #ffffbb
        Label3 = ML:CMD:echo Kernel: `uname -r`
        LabelFont3 = Freesans,11,-1,5,50,0
        LabelCoords3 = 20,80
        LabelColor3 = #ffffbb
        Label4 = ML:CMD:kde-config --version | grep KDE
        LabelFont4 = Freesans,11,-1,5,50,0
        LabelCoords4 = 20,100
        LabelColor4 = #ffffbb
        The above puts some user/system information in the top-left corner of the theme:
        User: <FULL NAME>
        Login: <USERNAME>@<HOSTNAME>
        Kernel: <KERNELVERSION>
        KDE: <KDEVERSION>

Comment

Working...
        X