This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointed in Kubuntu Dapper flight 6 Artwork

I've been using Breezy and testing Ubuntu Dapper, so I had yet to see what the Kubuntu Dapper was looking like.

Well, I downloaded flight 6 this morning and i have to say... I'm shocked at how bad it looks.

The KDM and splash screens do no look as good as my originals, even if I say so myself.

Secondly this wallpaper better be temporary... These blue bubbles don't help make kubuntu dapper look sleek or professional in any way.

Last but not least... The window decoration theme is too bulky and is a ripoff of Vista's theme.

Please tell me the final Kubuntu dapper will look better than this. There are many people that I'm sure would be willing to help to fix these issues before it's too late.

*Edited because my comments were a bit unfair to the author of the current KDM and Splash screen.

Re: Disappointed in Kubuntu Dapper flight 6 Artwork

You right on the lookings, but they are atm just trying out a lot of different looks last 3 flights they changed a lot of the dapper looks, don't like it the way it looks now, but it will probably change again.

Maybe we as users can provide them with examples we like and think looks proffessional.

The crystal theme i like but i don't use the vista buttons but another set that are in it. I used it even before it was in dapper.

The backgrounds i simply hate, but i don't like the blue things anyway. Kubuntu needs a new color that makes it different from the rest like ubuntu is.

Comment

Originally posted by awakatanka
      You right on the lookings, but they are atm just trying out a lot of different looks last 3 flights they changed a lot of the dapper looks, don't like it the way it looks now, but it will probably change again.
      I cannot believe that I am the only one who thinks that the new stuff is absolutely awesome. The intense blue of the usplash is great! The use of jbus' KDM and KDE splash screens is an improvement, especially with the colors they applied to them, but I think jbus' original size and spacing was better then what they currently have. I do agree, though, that the background isn't good. And, I prefer different buttons on the crystal window decoration. I very much like the Crystal icons, but I usually replace them with Glaze.

There is a thread at ubuntuforums.org which has about 50 other people who agree with you that the new colors and theme is terrible. I can't figure out why I like them so much when (it seems) everyone else does not.

i don't like the blue things anyway. Kubuntu needs a new color that makes it different from the rest like ubuntu is.
      I believe it to be an extremely bad move, but they are planning to skin Kubuntu Dapper with the same orange ugliness that ubuntu is plagued with. :-X

Fortunately we can completely change it. But, I still feel sorry for the poor souls who do not know how to change it and have to deal with the exquisite pain of the orange theme.

I think KDE should be blue by default. From there, people can choose their own preferences.

Comment

Personally I like the KDE blue colour scheme, but When I installed Ubuntu my god was that ugly brown colour just put me off straight away.

There is a fine line between making something distinctive & just plain ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by Druidor
          Personally I like the KDE blue colour scheme, but When I installed Ubuntu my god was that ugly brown colour just put me off straight away.

There is a fine line between making something distinctive & just plain ugly.
          word.

Comment

Originally posted by nrwilk
            I cannot believe that I am the only one who thinks that the new stuff is absolutely awesome. The intense blue of the usplash is great! The use of jbus' KDM and KDE splash screens is an improvement, especially with the colors they applied to them, but I think jbus' original size and spacing was better then what they currently have. I do agree, though, that the background isn't good. And, I prefer different buttons on the crystal window decoration. I very much like the Crystal icons, but I usually replace them with Glaze.

There is a thread at ubuntuforums.org which has about 50 other people who agree with you that the new colors and theme is terrible. I can't figure out why I like them so much when (it seems) everyone else does not.

i don't like the blue things anyway. Kubuntu needs a new color that makes it different from the rest like ubuntu is.
            I believe it to be an extremely bad move, but they are planning to skin Kubuntu Dapper with the same orange ugliness that ubuntu is plagued with. :-X

Fortunately we can completely change it. But, I still feel sorry for the poor souls who do not know how to change it and have to deal with the exquisite pain of the orange theme.

I think KDE should be blue by default. From there, people can choose their own preferences.
            The orange colors sucks, i like the gentoo colors.http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=29973 Little purple mixed with blue. But blue is ok to, but to many distro's use it and we need to stand out of the rest. And orange isn't it hehe

Comment

Orange and blue would look good. It looks good on University of Illinois
              Go Illini!

Comment

Artwork and colors are a bit tricky, since it's impossible to please everyone (although it is a fair amount easier to displease everyone )

I think the default theme/colors should be clean and simple (not too flashy or color-heavy), but there could/should be a few different complete variations of different styles/themes/colors installed/configured (or easily installable/configurable).

Have packages like 'kubuntu-artwork-deepblue' and 'kubuntu-artwork-orange' etc. available for care free themeing. (I know it's possible to theme on your own, but having a few complete variations would still be nice)

Comment

Originally posted by jbus
                  The KDM and splash screens do no look as good as my originals, even if I say so myself.
                  Moodin has a problem with utf-8 and it couldn't display accents in names correctly.

Comment

Working...
                  X