This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu looks overhaul needed

Ok, I will say that I really do love Kubuntu because it's so easy to install and updating is a breeze. I would recommend it over any other distro because you can customize it to whatever you want and install whatever programs you want without the excess, and this is all done easily.

Now, I just looked at the new theme they have for flight 5 and it looks horrible! I think they should start using KDE for what it is known for, eye candy. The colors that they chose look really bad together. They don't have to add so much that it is a drag to run but if you look at some linux distro such as Fox Desktop 1, it has a very pleasant look and i really like how it it organized. That is just an example and I do hope they really look into working on a nice theme for Kubuntu because its a great distro!

Re: kubuntu looks overhaul needed

Out of curiosity, where did you see the default theme?
    Are you sure you're not referring to the ubuntu (GNOME) theme...kubuntu and ubuntu use different default themes (as is to be expected) and color schemes.

As for the eye-candy, I'm for moderation, it's better to have the default theme running smoothly on lower end machines (no fancy transparencies as default, for example). Users can easily add a level of eye-candy they're comfortable with. Just my opinion of course .

Comment

Re: kubuntu looks overhaul needed

Yes.. I'm refering to the Kubuntu theme (KDE), not Ubuntu (Gnome).

I definately agree with you on the moderation and speed issue. That is one of the big reasons why I chose Kubuntu, but I still think it has the potential to look great but without a noticable decrease in performance.

Comment

Working...
      X