This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

site graphics & icons

alright, the new header seems to be a hit. Took a while, but I got there.

moving on to icons, buttons, any other images that will be necessary to spice the site up a bit. I'll try to run polls in this thread to get input from forum members this time. Guess I was kinda' bad about that last time.

Any thoughts on what needs work first?

okay, new poll for first attempts... I'll develop the most popular style into a set then run another poll.
    Attached Files
    Original
    0%
    Button Style
    0%
    Bar Style
    0%
    Keep trying...
    0%

Re: site graphics & icons

The forum buttons, home, help, search, ... etc.

Comment

should they remain rectangular like they are or can I mix it up a bit?

Comment

you can mix it up, however make them all the same shape. I mean I don't think you should make one a triangle, another a circle, another a square, etc. Try to stay semi-conservative, just to keep things professional.

Comment

bump because adding the poll didn't

Comment

really like the bar style (voted for it), it would be great to add more contrast to it if it wins ...

great work !

Comment

I like the button style, but it needs more contrast as well. It is too lite.

Comment

Both look nice, but agreed, more contrast is needed...readability comes first

Also maybe a bit more space between the icon and the text?

Comment

How about making this thread sticky so that it remains up top until the end of the poll ? Then we could remove the sticky bit.

Comment

yeah yeah conrast...

it's been the bane of my designs so far. I'm trying to stick to the colors used here in the forums, but in all reality, there's not much contrast in those colors. So I guess I'm just going to have to deviate from the exact value of the colors. I can work on that today sometime. You all can comment on whether or not the contrast changes your opinion at all and we can reset the poll if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by ericesque
                      yeah yeah conrast...

it's been the bane of my designs so far. I'm trying to stick to the colors used here in the forums, but in all reality, there's not much contrast in those colors. So I guess I'm just going to have to deviate from the exact value of the colors. I can work on that today sometime. You all can comment on whether or not the contrast changes your opinion at all and we can reset the poll if necessary.
                      Or, maybe it is more efficient to leave everything like it is, wait for the result of the poll, and then you polish the winning set, right ? We don't wanna waste your talent now, do we ?

Comment

Originally posted by ericesque
                        I'm trying to stick to the colors used here in the forums, but in all reality, there's not much contrast in those colors.
                        Hmm...you could just use the 'darker' forum blue in the text for more contrast?
                        Or alternatively try the even darker blue used in the text in the linkbar (under your beautiful forum logo )?

Comment

agreed, that blue would be good. Another idea, just a thought, but you could introduce an orange or brown? don't know...

Comment

kubicle, thanks for spotting that darker blue. I didn't even catch that before. good deal.

I've already played with the contrast a bit. It's looking much better already. I'll see if that darker blue helps even more a bit later today. Right now I have to run to class.

Orange or brown? what do you think this is, an Ubuntu forum? haha. I'll see if adding that accent orange used in the forum will help. My color pallete is growing as we speak the brown may not work out as well, but I'll give it a try.

stay tuned...

Comment

I like the button style, but it needs more contrast because it's hard to read, so I said keep trying.
                              Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X