This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd editor issues

I've been having some issues over the last year with the forum software but haven't bother to whine about them since they aren't a huge problem. Mostly I assumed it was because I was using Vivaldi browser and thought the issues were "brand" related. Since moving to Neon 18.04 I've switched back to Chromium and they persist so I thought I'd share to see if I'm the only one or if they can be easily addressed.

#1 Editor inconsistent formatting options: For some reason when editing a post (rather than when replying to a post) the "code" tag button is missing. (I'll screen shot it so I can show you).

#2 I cannot, at any time, highlight text and just replace it by typing like you can with a text editor or even on other webpages. Example: I type a sentence, decide to change a word, double-click it to highlight it, and begin typing. In literally every other instance I can recall having done this, the highlighted word disappears immediately when striking the first letter and is replaced as you type. On this forum, and only this forum, it doesn't work. Literally nothing happens. I must first delete or backspace to remove the highlighted text. I have discovered that if I right-click on the highlighted word (like I'm doing a spell-check) and release the right-click it will then be replaced when typing whether or not I actually click on anything in the right-click menu.

For the record, this was happening when I used 16.04 and continues while using 18.04 (both KDEneon) and both were new installs, not upgrades from a previous install. I have used both Vivaldi and Chromium and observed the same behavior

Please Read Me

Here's what the button bar looks like when editing a post:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190105_154950.png
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	644088
    and here's when replying to a post:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190105_155021.png
Views:	1
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	644087
    Last edited by oshunluvr; Jan 05, 2019, 05:26 PM.

Please Read Me

Comment

You didn't attach correctly. The attachments aren't 'attached'.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
        You didn't attach correctly. The attachments aren't 'attached'.
        Another occasional issue

Please Read Me

Comment

As to editing [highlight and replace] (your #2 in post #1) while in a Reply (what I'm doing with this post). It works for me (I'm doing this on my iPad, so iOS connected to KFN). Not sure why it doesn't work for you. As to #1 in post #1, I'll check that and add a comment to this post afterwards.

Added:
          You are correct, the Code tag icon isn't present when editing a post. Hmm. No idea why that is.
          Last edited by Snowhog; Jan 06, 2019, 12:46 PM.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yeah, I assumed #1 was a style sheet somewhere. #2 is more perplexing. Like I said, I didn't report it when I first noticed it because I assumed it was my end, but now that I've switched to 18.04 AND changed browsers and it still persists, it's beginning to bug me. I'm going to check it from windows and report

Please Read Me

Comment

Testing a post from a Windows 10 VM using Edge and the issue #2 is not here.

Please Read Me

Comment

Testing a post from anther Windows 10 VM using Chrome, and issue #2 IS here. Could it be related to an add-on I have in Chrome?

Please Read Me

Comment

Posting from Chrome and the first Windows VM - with a new Chrome install and I did not sign into my goole account - and issue #2 is NOT here.

I now am almost certain it's related to a chrome extension I have enabled. Hmmm... returning to Neon now.

Please Read Me

Comment

Testing with Chrome with every extension turned off - issue #2 STILL present. Firefox next.

Firefox issue #2 NOT present.

Well, definitely a Chrome engine problem. Weird.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                    X