[Forum]Can't change DOB or any setting / edit my sig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Forum]Can't change DOB or any setting / edit my sig

1. I needed to edit my sig to reflect that I'm in 22.04, not 20.04, but I couldn't seem to find it in my profile or settings.
    2. I went to make other changes, but the system won't let me save anything. It complains about an invalid birth date. So I went to check if that's right. Turns out, my b-date is listed as 1--1-1000. I'm pretty sure I'm not the oldest human being ever to live, so I went to change it, but I have no way of editing that strange birthdate.

This thing won't even let me just shut my sig off. It always complains about the invalid birthdate, refusing to save for that reason. I appreciate any help.
    Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
    ================================

Try again, probably a leftover from the forum software move or an upgrade.

Comment

GO to USER SETTINGS -> Accoun t tab and scroll down to Conversation Detail Options for your signature.

For the birth date in the Profile tab, there is a RESET button. I've never tried it. It may be a nuclear option

The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
        For the birth date in the Profile tab, there is a RESET button. I've never tried it. It may be a nuclear option
        That's what I did from the admin panel - there was no date present at all.

Comment

Only an Admin can change DOB.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
            Maybe an Admin could PM me then so that I can tell them my DOB so that they can change it. It's not that I care about any of you guys knowing how old I am. These days you just have to be careful not to let that info call into the hands of scammers.
            Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
            ================================

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_ZeCat View Post

Maybe an Admin could PM me then so that I can tell them my DOB so that they can change it. It's not that I care about any of you guys knowing how old I am. These days you just have to be careful not to let that info call into the hands of scammers.
              I just thought you were like 11.

I mean, your posts and all...

You did join 2013 tho, so you're probably like 19?

Kidding, of course! LOL

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                The next brick house on the left
                Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Can someone create a bug where I am permanently 25?

Comment

Originally posted by Bings View Post
                    Can someone create a bug where I am permanently 25?
                    Not sure I want to go back that far, but I'd take 40's in a minute!

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                    X