This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious about forum stats...

Posting to another thread, I wondered just how many members do we have and how many are "active" - of course one would have to decide what active meant.

Does vBulletin have a stats feature that could be turned on, or is it already somewhere I haven't seen?

Please Read Me

I've gotta look when I'm not on mobile but i think some basic user stats are in the page footer of the main forum page or some other top level page. Not sure if it is visible to non admins but it should be.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a shot of the top level forum page.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Comment

My thumbnail guide was to open Community --> Members List.
        From there I clicked on the "Last Visit" header to sort it in descending date. There are 30 members per page. I choose any post made during the last month as in indication of being "active". On the 8th page the seventh member had a post on 3-1-17. That makes my estimate of active members as 247.

Considering that thousands come here to get a problem solved and don't stick around after they find an answer, or fail to get one they like, having 200-300 "regulars" is pretty good. Makes for a nice family!

What neither Claydoh's listing or my estimation can show are the numbers of people who just browse without joining or making a post, and find what they need or satisfy their curiosity. On occasions I check at the bottom of the screen and notice how many members or non-members are browsing the thread I'm reading. Sometimes its a few, sometimes its a lot. At one time the largest number, IIRC, was 75.
        Last edited by GreyGeek; Apr 06, 2017, 05:41 PM.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

A member is considered 'active' if they have visited the board within the number of days specified in 'Active Members Time Cut-Off'.
          The Cut-Off time value we are using (the default) is 30.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X