This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes to look/feel

I didn't like how the forum wouldn't expand to fill the browser window, so I changed it to 100%.

Feel free to comment if you have an opinion.

Please Read Me

mine still looks the same, was it reverted?

Yes, I have cleared chases, etc et al

Comment

Maybe your stuyle setting? I changed it in the VB5 default but haven't looked at the others. I assumed by the way the styles are listed that the other colors are children of the default. Maybe not.

Please Read Me

Comment

Yeah, it looks like the other styles need to be changed individually

Please Read Me

Comment

Turns out that each style has to be edited to change the width parameters in all of them.

Please Read Me

Comment

Yeah, I am using the blue theme, whatever was set as the forum default I think.

Comment

Guest Thanks for figuring this one out. Yes, looks like the change needs to be made individually to the Themes.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Speaking for the cool blue theme, it looked better centred. It now looks you couldn't be bothered to update the site since 800x600 was the norm. The reason pretty much no site nowadays uses 100%, especially for reading a passage of text is because of the increased width of monitors. My old CRT monitor screen is 13 inches wide, which is not so bad for reading text. The 22 inches of my flat screen is not so comfortable to read across. If you have a small monitor, or want to cater for them, you should be able to specify a minimum width in the CSS.

Also, the size of the text for the post text is too small in relation to the rest of the text.
                Last edited by Bings; Oct 28, 2021, 03:35 AM.

Comment

• oshunluvr
                  oshunluvr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The font here remains the same.

I created a new Theme - Cool Blue Wide - inherited from Cool Blue, which had already been changed to % 100 and % 100. I then reset the widths in Cool Blue back to px 1200 and px 320. So there are two Cool Blue theme choices now. I'm going to suggest that this be done for all the available themes instead of simply changing them.

Comment

• oshunluvr
                  oshunluvr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not a bad idea. I still think 1200 is too small since most monitors are 1920 or higher. But whatever, we surely don't want 10 different widths per theme! Seems like this should be a user accessible setting rather than system wide.

Frankly, since the background color or the post area stays white regardless of the theme (except "Dark" when it's black) I'm not really sure we need all those themes. I can hardly tell the difference.

• oshunluvr
                  oshunluvr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  comment #2

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                Feel free to comment if you have an opinion.
                Only oshunluvr can add comments, apparently; at least, all comments I've seen are by oshunluvr, and I can't see any button for adding comments.
                Regards, John Little

Comment

I realized what controls this and made changes to the User Groups permitted to use it. You should see it now in the icon choices below your signature. To Comment on a post, click Comment.

Comment

I cannot see a button to add comments. I also cannot see a dark theme in the list. I see Light Blue, Cool Blue, Cool Blue Wide and Default vB5 Style.

Comment

If you are connecting on a mobile device, tap on the three dots to the right of the Like button.

Comment

I am using desktop. This is what I see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211028_232746.png
Views:	220
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	657635 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211028_232614.png
Views:	216
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	657634

Comment

• jlittle
                          jlittle commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Do you see the Comment "button" now, in between "Quote" and "Flag"? It's appeared for me in the last couple of hours.

• Snowhog
                          Snowhog commented
                          Editing a comment
                          What browser are you using? Does it block JavaScript?

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                        I realized what controls this and made changes to the User Groups permitted to use it. You should see it now in the icon choices below your signature. To Comment on a post, click Comment.
                        Thank you.

I don't know if you want to encourage the "like" functionality, but if I click between the Like button and the like count, I get a small pop-up saying "People who liked" , "working", then a large error pop-up, "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page".
                        Regards, John Little

Comment

• Snowhog
                          Snowhog commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Fixed. Just another 'change' in this version of vBulletin vs the previous. Thank you for bringing to our attention.
                      Working...
                      X