This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more signatures?

I used to put my PC and laptop's OS & hardware specs in my signature, because people always ask for that info when new threads are started. Instead of typing it out every time, it made it way easier to just point at my signature. That would be nice to have back.
    Gaming/HTPC: Kubuntu 23.10 | MSI B450 Gaming+ MAX Motherboard | AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT @ 3.8GHz (x12) CPU | RX6700XT 12GB GPU | 32 GB DDR4 RAM
    Laptop: Kubuntu 23.04.1 | 2012 MacBook Pro | i7 @ 2.9GHz (x4) CPU | 16 GB DDR3 RAM​

bump so you notice something

Still going through all the settings, it looks like

Comment

Yup. I went through Usergroup Permissions this morning and made some changes. With the upgrade to vBulletin 5.6.4, some 'new' permissions arrived, and it looked like some of the existing permissions got changed. I just need to be informed when something isn't right so I can investigate.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

So were do we ADD a sig? If I ever decide to add one again, that is lol?

Comment

As I recall, there was also a permission toggle to display my signature. My old posts, pre-upgrade, did have my signature displayed. Did that sig info get carried over in the user database?
          Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
            So were do we ADD a sig? If I ever decide to add one again, that is lol?
            "Your personal search bot" isn't your signature? hehe

You would do so on your Profile page, as expected. But until the issue with that page is resolved, you would have to edit your profile via the AdminCP. Any regular user would have to notify an Admin to have them do so.

Comment

I found the entry field for Signature configuration, scroll down to "Conversation Detail Options"
              Note the flag to Show Signature defaults to Unselected.
              My previous signature text was preserved during the forum upgrade (Thanks @Snowhog)

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/settings/account
              Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Well, I got my sig text back, but I can't seem to insert a pic. Every time I try it tells me my sig is over 5 lines long and not acceptable.

Please Read Me

Comment

five lines? I was limited to 4 lines Is that an admin perk?

Comment

Looks like Signatures disappeared again.
                    Gaming/HTPC: Kubuntu 23.10 | MSI B450 Gaming+ MAX Motherboard | AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT @ 3.8GHz (x12) CPU | RX6700XT 12GB GPU | 32 GB DDR4 RAM
                    Laptop: Kubuntu 23.04.1 | 2012 MacBook Pro | i7 @ 2.9GHz (x4) CPU | 16 GB DDR3 RAM​

Comment

Originally posted by bradleypariah View Post
                      Looks like Signatures disappeared again.
                      Not sure why you are saying this. I'm seeing your signature in your posts. You aren't?

Comment

I don't see anyone's signatures.

​​​​​​​Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-28 075023.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.2 KB ID:	657614

Comment

Originally posted by TWPonKubuntu View Post
                          I found the entry field for Signature configuration, scroll down to "Conversation Detail Options"
                          Note the flag to Show Signature defaults to Unselected.
                          My previous signature text was preserved during the forum upgrade (Thanks @Snowhog)

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/settings/account
                          Never mind. I never turned this feature off, so I didn't even consider i would need to turn them back on. They were already working up until recently Not sure when they stopped.
                          I re-enabled them, and they're back.

Comment

Just an FYI, I've already gone through this and the graphic issue has to do with the URLs and their length and getting line wrapped. I had the same issue with two URLs defining two Sig panels. I had to consolidate my sig Pictures into one and have one URL.

I also think the Image Height also plays into it as well, but didn't test that far after I got mine working.

Comment

Working...
                            X