This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with finding new posts to threads I comment too

Maybe I am missing something obvious, how can I easily follow the threads I have made comments in?

I see "My Activity" but there is no way to see which of those threads has New comments unless I open each one and have a look.
    In another forum that I have used the threads in "My Activity" would be different colors if some new content had been added to the thread which made it easy to keep track of the thread and follow up on comments.

Actually in another forum the start page would list all the threads I subscribed/commented on and that had new content first and then after that the general "whats new" list would start, most convenient.

If you click "New Posts" threads you have commented on have a green arrow icon. You can also go to your profile (click your name at the top) and select your posts to see a chronological list.
    Last edited by oshunluvr; Dec 03, 2014, 01:20 PM.

Please Read Me

Comment

Yep... or, if you click "settings" at the top of the page you should see a list called "subscribed threads with new posts".

Also, from that page if you click "general settings" on the left, you can change your default subscription mode (mine is set to "Through my control panel only"). If your default is currently "do not subscribe", that might be why you aren't seeing notifications.

You can subscribe to any threads you aren't currently getting notifications for by selecting thread tools at the top of the thread and choosing "select to this thread" in the dropdown menu.
      samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

And don't forget this little button in the thread list:

Clicking that will open the thread to the first new post that you haven't read yet. For this to work, you need to let the forum store a cookie in your browser.

(I wish there were a way to tell vBulletin to make that button bigger, but I haven't found a way to do that. Sigh.)

Comment

Neat! I didn't know that
          samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Great tips, thanks. I did not think to check settings for thread tools

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
              And don't forget this little button in the thread list:

Clicking that will open the thread to the first new post that you haven't read yet. For this to work, you need to let the forum store a cookie in your browser.

(I wish there were a way to tell vBulletin to make that button bigger, but I haven't found a way to do that. Sigh.)
              You comment; I oblige. No, I didn't make the button bigger, but I did make it more visible:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Newpostsindicator.png
Views:	1
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	642635
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Neat!

Comment

Working...
                X