Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to ask questions the smart way...

You left out "Forum Posters"...

lol

Please Read Me

Comment

Ya, I've been accused of having "Fuzzy Logic" on many occasions.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I found this thread after replying to a very old one of mine, that had a recent post in it, which brought me this one. This thread/discussion/deliberation began to get interesting from here
        Ultimately: most people aren't good problem solvers. Reasoned thinking and step-by-step solution processes aren't taught in American schools.
        I'm sure John Taylor Gatto would agree with you, though I'd like to change American to Western.

TRIVIUM is the word, comprised of, Gramma, Logic and Rhetoric in that order. It's a mental virus checker if you will(not my analogy). Unfortunately it has been fragmented throughout western education systems (as they are based on the Prussian template), and gets pervasively worse the further down the Socio-economic ladder one is located on, unless one is lucky enough to have found a caring mentor amongst their teachers.

When taught correctly the Trivium allows ones mind to be able to teach it's self (in a quarter of the time) any subject from the Quadrivium.

Having been a "Newbie" and operating without the Trivium when I first joined this forum I was helped by all the posters here (except the OP) with various issues that on occasion were, kindly, pointed out to me had been posted elsewhere. Upon where I discovered I had had my search terms out of whack when I read the post title I was being redirected too.

Most-times people are flummoxed by having to change there mindset to the new OS when changing from their old platform, though Ubuntu tempers this greatly with a Gnome or KDE choice. Which most likely means they are already daunted at searching out unfamiliar help on their own and as we see in libraries what happens to librarians, when students arrive whom are too lazy or don't know to use the index system and library map, they are beset with childish questions and pleas. I was guilty of it myself.

Any way my point being, I have found engaging, even the most rudimentary aspects/structure, of the Trivium most helpful here and other self-help community forums.

Best wishes to all reading this thread.
        Phonic Photon

Intel E6500 CPU - 4Gb Ram- Asus EN9500GT 1Gb GPU....

Comment

Working...
        X