This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Launchers

Hi. New to forum and Kde, so not shure of terminology.
    I have placed two launchers (dolphin and firefox) on Pannel (or Task manager?). When I started Dolphin or Firefox, I still had this launchers. But recently (i suppose with one of last updates) this changed - if i start Dolphin of Firefox, my launcher icon dissapears and to open a new instance, I have to go to start menu etc. like it is in Windows 7.
    How can I make this launchers stay where ther are even with application started?
    Thanks

How exactly did you create these "launchers?"

Generally, the Panel holds "Widgets" or "Icons" but you cab drag and drop things into it if you have widgets unlocked.

By the way - the "Task Manager" is the widget that shows what's running.

Please Read Me

Comment

Thank you for replay.
      I used drag and drop icon into Panel.
      To be more precise - icons do not dissapear after use - just during the use of corresponding program - and they are accessible again after programm closed. This is a Windows 7 feature - very unplesant one. You open with icon one window of Dolphin and if you want open at the same time second window - no icon in your Pannel, have to seek it in menu.

Comment

Not on my windows 7, but whatever...

My best guess is you're clicking on a task manager widget, not on an actual icon. Try this: go to System Settings > Startup and Shutdown > Session Management and tic "Start with an empty session." Then log out and back in. If your "icons" are gone they weren't icons, they were running apps in the task manager.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
          Not on my windows 7, but whatever...

My best guess is you're clicking on a task manager widget, not on an actual icon. Try this: go to System Settings > Startup and Shutdown > Session Management and tic "Start with an empty session." Then log out and back in. If your "icons" are gone they weren't icons, they were running apps in the task manager.
          Done it.
          Icons are there.
          Problem - when I click on them to launch application, they are replaced by running apps in the task manager. Once application closed - they reappear.
          2 pictures: 1 - before I launch Dolphin and 2 - after launching it - no icon until I close Dolphin, then it reappears

Comment

I've never seen or heard of that happening. Odd.

I can't view the pics here for some reason.

Please Read Me

Comment

[IMG]/home/x35/Before.png[/IMG]
              [IMG]/home/x35/After.png[/IMG]

Comment

Can't upload images?!

Comment

BTW, to stop this behavior in Windows 7, right click on the icon when it's in your task bar and select "Pin this program to taskbar"

Please Read Me

Comment

Thanks. Will try this on W7

Comment

I think you should install kdocker, it will allow you to dock applications in the system tray.

A very nice Apple-like tray is called Cairo Dock.

Comment

Working...
                      X