X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some Linux Questions

Originally posted by Zokudu
    Ok so I want about 20 GB for Linux 4 GB for swap for Vista and the rest as data?

How big should my Vista partition be and my swap should be the size of my ram correct?
    Partition size depends on your overall HD size. The General swap rule WAS "swap == RAM X 2", but a lot of people with 3GB or more of RAM don't even use a swap partition. Before I took VISTA off of this 184GB HD I let VISTA keep its 10GB of OS space, plus 50GB for applications. The rest I gave to Kubuntu, with 2GB of swap.

When I gave Kubuntu the whole drive I let it decide the partitions. My "230" GB drive was split into two partitions, an 8.28GB swap and 225GB for root. So far, with about everything I want installed, including Kubuntu, I am using 31GB of HD.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Re: Some Linux Questions

Well its a 250 GB hard drive. In reality I'm not holding much music or movies on this thing the real thing I'm worried about are Steam games which install to the Hard Drive and do not use a disk. I guess if I install them then shrink my Vista partition I'll get a general size I need for my whole Vista partition.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
      X