X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Konsole Title bar

Hello,
    I am aware that this is probably not the right place to ask a question about Kubuntu 21.04, but there is no 21.04 section in the forum as yet...
    I just installed it and it works fine mostly, so far. At the moment I have only two "complaints":
    (1) the konsole window does NOT have a title bar. Do I have to do anything to enable it, or is this a bug?
    (2) I find the fact "a bore" that Ubuntu-based distros don't include LibreOffice Base in the download/install LibreOffice. What is the reason for not including it? I know one has to spend some time to get connections to databases working, eg. one must have the right connector on one's system. But to find out how to "close that gap" cost me a couple of hours.
    Regards
    H. Stoellinger

21.04 is not out for a while still, the end of April,
    a subforum will be added approx when they have done some development freezes, about a month beforehand.
    There is an unofficial mega-thread for the Hippo already on these forums.

As to the missing title bar, I dunno. Running the same versions of Plasma. Konsole, etc on a different distro, I have a titlebar on Konsole, so it may just be a temporary issue or misconfiguration - during the dev process, you are extremely likely to see incomplete sets of packages uploaded to the 21.04 repo, causing some temporary mis-matches between components and other things that can cause temporary anomalies.

As to including Base, My guess is that it probably is because of iso size constraints that they set. Lack of use? overall bugginess (in the past?) Pain in the a** to set up? I cannot find out why, even going back way into the past.
    I believe that they don't include the Java components for LO either.

I have never ever used Base on Libreoffice, Openoffice, or the granddaddy Star Office, which makes that close to 20 years, so I can only speculate.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Mar 01, 2021, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Thanks for answering! I have posted my questions in the thread you suggest. By the way, regarding LibreOffice: I am a retired, old IBM systems engineer. Having been around since the days of StarOffice, the "invention" of SQL and IBM-DB2, I don't mind too much having to fiddle around with installing both the Java runtime and the respective connectors - as long as I know where to download them from. But then, I probably am not the "average" Kubuntu user. It seems that the issue with the missing title bar in Konsole came about with one of the many, daily software updates after the original ISO-installation. It is not TOO bothersome, just not "smoothe"...
      Thanks again. Regards from Austria
      Last edited by hstoellinger; Mar 01, 2021, 09:54 AM.

Comment

konsole has a setting for that. If you don't see the menu bar ("File Edit View" etc), right-click in the window, click show menu bar. Then click settings, configure Konsole, uncheck remove titlebar.

As well, "Window rules" can do that, via a right-click on the title bar, more actions, configure special window or application settings. Hard to get to that way with no title bar, but system settings, window management, window rules, can let you delete the rule.
        Regards, John Little

Comment

Thanks a lot! I must clicked on that button inadvertently. Everything is fine now.

Comment

Working...
          X