X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
    @ Claydoh;

I did that a while back. Had issues and went to Maui which on there last few releases was based on Neon. It was great but that distro soon hit abandoned state, so it still seems to me. So I went back to Kubuntu with 18.04. Rock Solid, but I miss the updates on the KDE packages.

I've thought about Neon again or what I've stated above with 19.04. Just don't know at moment.

As you can see in my Avatar image, hints of Neon can still be seen!
    I have used Neon on my daily driver laptop since the day the user edition came out, and upgraded that to the 18.04 version. I don't do clean installs much anymore. 100 percent rock solid. Not that my long-time regularly upgraded Kubuntu system has had many issues, other than the slowly lessening Discover bugaboos Noen long ago lost.

If and when my PC's hard disk dies, or I finally upgrade the main ssd to one larger than 32 GB I am about 80% sure I will switch to Neon, and won't have any Kubuntu systems left at all. This probably won't be for a while, though.

Comment

There is also KBackup available from the official repositories, which works quite well. Additionally, Muon package manager can export a list of all installed packages, which can be imported (and installed wherever possible) on a clean upgraded instance. Lots of ways to get the job done

https://www.kdedigest.com/2018/04/kd...uick-look.html
      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Thanks Desquire!

So, I decided at least on my work PC, to take the multi upgrade path from 18.04 to 19.10.

One reason due to the speed of our internet and package downloads. Which by the way i got these done in about 40 minutes each day.

I took day one to make sure all was OK while on 18.10. Then as of today, upgraded to 19.10.

Found a repository of a working version of Shutter which I use a lot.

I can say, 19.10 seems very solid and I can definitely see the improvements in KDE since 18.04 was last updated.

If after this week my work system stays happy I'll move my personal systems over.

@Devs, if you all do happen to read, very impressive 19.10 is. Well done. Smooth.

Comment

Working...
        X