This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing USB stick

Now I don't know if this is just my system, or a general (K)Ubuntu/Debian thing:

So, I've used a USB stick to transfer some files. I close Dolphin. I know I have to 'unmount' the stick, and I do so. Having done so, I unplug the stick. All sane so far ... but ... the Device Notifier still says it is safe to remove the device. D'oh! It has been! Some time later the device notifier closes ...
    Then again, if I'm a bit slow to remove the stick, the Notifier closes anyway.

This behaviour differs from my Raspberry Pi's Raspbian, where the Notifier closes when the device is removed - and waits to do so until you've actually done so - far more 'sane'.
    Anyone else notice this?
    Last edited by Fester Bestertester; Sep 08, 2017, 07:58 PM.

Not on my Neon User Edition.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Here, also using Neon;

Insert thumb drive
      1-2 seconds pass
      Notifier window opens showing device and options
      Select "Open device with filemanager"
      Notifier window closes almost immediately.
      Manually open Notifier window
      Select "...safely remove this device..." (Leave device inserted)
      Notifier immediately shows "Device can now be safely removed"
      2 seconds later Notifier window closes.

Now if I do all that and immediately pull the stick after clicking safely remove, the notifier window stays open, apparently indefinitely. But as soon as I click on any desktop window it closes.

Curious. Not sure if it rises to the level of Bug though.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X