Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Does Asus OC Panel II OC Panel-Overclocking Command Center work under Kubuntu

I am not sure if this is the place to post this but, I can't see any other place to post it! Move it if
    it don't go here. Thanks again.fb

I have been searching everywhere I can think of and suggested to look, google, youtube,
    numerous linux magazine sites, etc., trying to find out if the "Asus OC Panel II"
    (OC Panel-Overclocking Command Center) works under Kbuntu/Linux. I can't find anything on using
    their OC panel under Ubuntu/Linux.

Does the OC panel function outside the operating systems? This is what I'm thinking it will but I would
    like to know for sure.

I have read the complete book that comes with the Mobo which includes their OC panel, which tells
    how to connect the Overclockit and how to use it, and the only thing I can find regarding my quest is
    that the book says to go to their (ASUS) website to get the up-dated drivers, and all the drivers I have
    found are for windoz, shame on ASUS?

So, "Will/can the Asus OC Panel II(OC Panel-Overclocking Command Center) works under Kbuntu/Linux"?
    Thanks for allowing me to post for some Help!

The last "Blue Screen of Death" I used was 95 SE, or was it 98 SE? Can't remember and who cares!
    LOVE LINUX/Ubuntu/Kubuntu, life has been in Technicolor, a billion diff colors, long live Linux forever!

THANKS in advance for taking the time to help me!fb
    Last edited by fireboy; May 20, 2016, 11:46 AM.

Did you find anywhere that Windows was required? This is a piece of hardware that connects to supported motherboards directly. I see no references to operating systems or software of any kind (other than BIOS/firmware). Why not just call or email Asus support? I'm sure they'll have your answer.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
      Did you find anywhere that Windows was required? This is a piece of hardware that connects to supported motherboards directly. I see no references to operating systems or software of any kind (other than BIOS/firmware). Why not just call or email Asus support? I'm sure they'll have your answer.
      Thanks oshunluvr,
      That's what I figured, all hardware related but, everything in the book on this Mobo is in regards to windoz so I had to dig
      deeper to find out for sure. Or I was going to try to sell the OC unit if it required windoz. I wanted to keep in in mint condition
      if I had to sell it. And I'm waiting word from ASUS now, they are slow at responding!

Thank you again oshunluvr!fb

Comment

SOLVED

Finally, after four phone calls and over an hour waiting I got the answer I needed that is:
        Asus OC Panel II(OC Panel-Overclocking Command Center) works off the hardware!
        NO WINDOZ REQUIRED!
        Thanks again for getting to post and thank you oshunluvr for checking me out!

Thanks fb!

Comment

Working...
        X