• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] shared partition problem

/dev/sdb1 is shared
    in linux it is /data
    in windows d:
    The problem is this. I can't run any exe files off the drive in win7. Changed the ownership and still have the problem. user in windows has full control permissions. The other part of the problem is I can't remember when this started. Ubuntu is 14.04.3 aka backbox 4.4 Was less than thrilled with dm it installed with so I installed Kubuntu-desktop.

This problem does not happen with /dev/sda1 which is the windows partition and I also access from linux. mainly for sharing thunderbird data files

Originally posted by vsreeser View Post
    The problem is this. I can't run any exe files off the drive in win7.
    Doesn't this make it a Windows problem?

NTFS doesn't respect/support linux file ownership or permissions, they're controlled by the mount location. Sounds to me like you need to run a filesystem check on D: in Windows.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
      Doesn't this make it a Windows problem?

NTFS doesn't respect/support linux file ownership or permissions, they're controlled by the mount location. Sounds to me like you need to run a filesystem check on D: in Windows.
      Ownership was taken by the linux user. Not sure how. Took ownership with windows user and adjusted system permissions (they were messed up). It all works now
      Wonder if this was related to the drive I just had fail... Removed it and everything works better now

Comment

Working...
      X