KDE Connect NOW HAS AN ICON on "share" in Android

SITTING AT MY COMPUTER............

SITTTTTTINNNNGGG ATTT MY COMPUTER!!!!!

Westcar Papyrus....

Android.....

little left button at bottom..........

click it and.......

IN THE MENU ON THE TOP IS..........

star.......Pintrest......KDE Connect, and the "share logo".......

hit the KDE Connect and ........

get the SPARSE BECAUSE IT DOES NOT NEED ANYTHING blankety blank blank else!!!

"share to..........."

Woodsmoke-Desktop

hit the button and it just GOES..........

IMMEDIATELY..........ON THE FURSHLUGINER COMPUTER

FIREFOX OPENED THE WIKIPEDIA PAGE...............

AS IF I typed the words on the computer and hit the mouse button.....

WHAT MORE IS KDE CONNECT GOING TO DO!!!

AMAZING!! JUST FREAKING AMAZING!!!

wood.....amazed......smoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Its been there from the beginning....

Comment

I cannot get KDE Connect to work in Plasma 5. No connected devices are seen even when setting a manual IP address.
      Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
      Always consider Occam's Razor
      Rich

Comment

@richb that seams odd.i have it on both my plasma5 desktops and it works even better for me then it ever did.

be sure you have the kdeconnect app on your phone and that you connected to the same network as the machine. then it should be simple as setting is up in the system settings to add your phone.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
          @richb that seams odd.i have it on both my plasma5 desktops and it works even better for me then it ever did.

be sure you have the kdeconnect app on your phone and that you connected to the same network as the machine. then it should be simple as setting is up in the system settings to add your phone.
          I have the latest KDE Connect app on both phone and desktop. Both on the same wireless network, but no communication. Perhaps I have a phone setting blocking it. I will take a look.

EDIT: No setting I could find that should block KDE Connect from working.
          Last edited by richb; May 10, 2015, 09:29 AM.
          Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
          Rich

Comment

hum. maybe i used the phone app to find the computer. Im guessing you have tried that anyway but just incase.. I have the kdeconnect and kdeconnect-plasma packages. And i am able to see it on all my kde5 machines. i wonder what could be stopping this in your case. do you have anything like a privacy guard on your phone or maybe some extra firewall . or maybe your router is blocking ports needed for this within the network .
            Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
            (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

One thing to try is to unpair devices and start fresh. I've had to do this once or twice, after Kdeconnect was upgraded.

Comment

It never paired. So I guess i will uninstall and re-install.

EDIT: No go
                Last edited by richb; May 10, 2015, 04:22 PM.
                Rich

Comment

I continue to admire the development of KDEConnect, however, I do not like the new, small, black and white icon on the android.

However, to the point, I have almost ceased to make "lecture notes" for my Physics classes because I use the "Socratic Method / Didactic ".

Please be assured that I know "what" I want the students to accomplish when I walk into the classroom, because I have them in an orbit around the labs and in class activities.

So, as the session develops I place "notes" on the whiteboard so that the students can keep the hour and a half in context and also "take the notes".

Point being....I now take images using my Android of the "notes" on the whiteboard and also record videos of student interactions, activities, presentations, etc.

i then upload these to the Kubuntu computer and place the images and/or video into Calligra and print out the paperwork and that then goes into a notebook for use the next semester.

Kinda strange how the convergence of technologies has taken me full circle back thousands of years.

And, I'll be giving a second presentation on my methods at a national conference and will have, in the "presentation" screenys of what appears on my computer so advocate for Linux.

wooddoesNOTlikethenewlittleblackandwhiteiconinAndr oidsmoke
                  sigpic
                  Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Not trying to jack this thread, but I just installed KDE Connect this past weekend on my Galaxy SIII and Kubuntu 14.04 on my laptop and my desktop. I can send files to both laptop and desktop and I can control clementine on both, but cannot see the phone in dolphin on either one, I cannot send files to my phone from either one, any one know how to solve this.
                    The only way I can see KDE Connect on the computers is through the System Settings, where do i find the program icon in my program list to send files to the phone.

Comment

@Here: KDE connect installed on Android phone (Moto X 2nd Gen.), KDE Connect installed on PC, plug in phone, "Device Notifier" pops up, select KDE Connect, pair devices (if not already paired), access phone from PC or PC from phone. Dolphin works too.

Note: doesn't work if you have USB media device selected on the phone.

BTW, I typed this post on my phone using KDE Connect. Unfortunately, swiping and auto-correct don't work. That could be a good thing though

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                        @Here: KDE connect installed on Android phone (Moto X 2nd Gen.), KDE Connect installed on PC, plug in phone, "Device Notifier" pops up, select KDE Connect, pair devices (if not already paired), access phone from PC or PC from phone. Dolphin works too.

Note: doesn't work if you have USB media device selected on the phone.

BTW, I typed this post on my phone using KDE Connect. Unfortunately, swiping and auto-correct don't work. That could be a good thing though
                        I have 2 modes in my phone, media device (mtp) and camera (ptp), I have tried both, still can't see samsung in dolphin

Comment

mtp and ptp are for connecting via usb, once kdeconnect is set up it will add an entry for the phone to dolphin's sidebar thing.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                            mtp and ptp are for connecting via usb, once kdeconnect is set up it will add an entry for the phone to dolphin's sidebar thing.
                            I've got the icon for kde connect in my taskbar now, but dolphin doesn't show it in the sidebar, i have it working on the laptop, just not through dolphin
                            sudo apt-get install kdeconnect indicator-kdeconnect
                            Last edited by Clayman1000x; Oct 14, 2015, 07:35 PM.

Comment

KDE Connect works brilliantly for me most of the time, but sometimes the file sharing / file browsing capability seems to break and need unpairing and repairing, or more drastic things, to get it working again.
                              I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Working...
                              X