Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been using Vivaldi for the past two days and so far no crashes or other blips with it.

I've just watched an episode of Top Gear USA through You Tube playing in HTML5 and no issues. By the way Top Gear USA is not as funny as the original TV show.

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
      By the way Top Gear USA is not as funny as the original TV show.
      You arre right - not even close. Watch the British version shows on: Vietnam, The World's Smallest Car, and the Robin Reliant. Some of the funnest TV I've ever seen while still being informative. Especially the Robin Reliant - good stuff!

Please Read Me

Comment

Anyone still using Vivaldi?

I've returned to it. The last time I had it it would not run after an upgrade, so I stopped using for a time now I'm back using it and it's working very well again.

By the way, I'm also using Qupzilla - a very nice lightweight webkit based browser, no issues with that so far.

Comment

I still have it installed, but dont use it much. Unfortunately, I need the browser plugins available for Chrome and Firefox.

Comment

Also consider PaleMoon for Linux (link) which is a rebuild of Firefox with lots of the cruft taken out and the old interface. You can use most of the available extensions but as it is based on an older branch not all will be compatible.
            If you're sitting wondering,
            Which Batman is the best,
            There's only one true answer my friend,
            It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

Originally posted by elijathegold View Post
              Also consider PaleMoon for Linux (link) which is a rebuild of Firefox with lots of the cruft taken out and the old interface. You can use most of the available extensions but as it is based on an older branch not all will be compatible.
              No thanks, Palemoon doesn't interest me. I'd rather use SeaMonkey than Palemoon. Or if I want a Firefox clone I'd simply use Firefox rather than a clone.

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
                No thanks, Palemoon doesn't interest me. I'd rather use SeaMonkey than Palemoon. Or if I want a Firefox clone I'd simply use Firefox rather than a clone.
                Your loss man.
                If you're sitting wondering,
                Which Batman is the best,
                There's only one true answer my friend,
                It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

Originally posted by elijathegold View Post
                  Your loss man.
                  You can also just accept that he doesn't want it ;-). I also don't see the point of it. Back to Netscape 4.5 perhaps? .

Comment

Its a matter of choice, be with the moz/fox and features they are pumping in or be a step or two back and maybe not get all that mozilla chooses.
                    I use both palemoon and firefox... I prefer gecko/goanna clones over any webkit/chrome clones.
                    Kubuntu 18.04 on AMD

Comment

Working...
                    X