Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any small nvidia gpu temperature tray widget?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any small nvidia gpu temperature tray widget?

I am wondering if there is a small system tray widget that would simply show the nvidia gpu temperature in my tray instead of in an app/program.

I have seen many different ones superkaramba, but I simply am looking for a reference number in the tray so I don't need to shut/minimize programs or switch desktops to see it. I have also seen a simple Nvidia one with two versions but they both require large tray sizes. These won't work in the 32pixel height I use.

Is there something simple like the digital clock app that would let me put the temperature (no other information needed) and maybe set the font/color in the small tray I use?

I struggled with this also. I ended up with psensor. Psensor will put a small icon in the system tray which, when you right-click on it, will show all of your sensors readings.

Comment

Guess I need to figure out how to make widgets or find someone who can make one since I can't seem to locate any.

Comment

Have you considered a small conky script?

Please Read Me

Comment

Really never did much in scripting, just amazed that I can't find something this simple already made. Was thinking of trying to figure out ruby since the existing 2 things that I know that do the temp in the tray are in ruby but just far too big for me to use.

Comment

Conky scripts can range from very simple to wildly fancy. The easiest way to get started with one is search the internet for one you like the looks of (there are hundreds out there), then download and launch it. Read through the script code and delete what you don't want or need and fine tune. Shouldn't take more than a few hours of tinkering.

Please Read Me

Comment

From what I see in many different screenshots is that conky appears to be for desktops, not a system tray/task bars. I didn't do a ton of research but I look through the man page and commands and saw nothing specifically for it. I may have missed something, but conky seems to be the exact opposite of what I am looking for.

Comment

Yeah, not a task bar item. Good luck.

Please Read Me

Comment

Found one that works via superkaramba, modified it to fit my needs, but haven't cleaned it up yet. Now I have the nvidia gpu temp showing in my task bar.

Comment

Working...
                  X