This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
    Now, of course if *all* updates via Discover are offline, that would be very poopy.
    I need to find some things to update to test.
    Very poopy...

Comment

I don't read kde.org. I was a member but I asked to be removed a while back. It was boring and these forums (As well as Fedora & Linux Mint forums) are enough!
      Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        Now, of course if *all* updates via Discover are offline, that would be very poopy.
        I need to find some things to update to test.
        I don't think all updates are offline. Just the Plasma-specific bits? At least that's my perception. As you showed in that expanded screenshot, they seem to be grouped separately from the 'other' updates.
        ​"Keep it between the ditches"
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
          I don't think all updates are offline. Just the Plasma-specific bits? At least that's my perception. As you showed in that expanded screenshot, they seem to be grouped separately from the 'other' updates.
          I thought so myself, as my first two updates after this was turned on was the Plasma 5.21.4 upgrade, followed by stuff from the Mesa PPA I use. Reasonable stuff.
          But nope, it is all of them. Well, anything from an apt repo, not Flatpaks, etc.
          I tested. Upgraded Openshot from stock to the up to date version from their PPA. Offline.
          And others did the same as well, so I went to the official Neon forum , on KDE's forum to inquire.
          You can see the response from Harald Sitter in the last link I posted.

Comment

If you upgrade using apt from the command line, the updates are applied the old fashioned way.

I gotta admit this is very Windows 10 like behavior. I have a desktop I only reboot when the kernel upgrades so maybe once or twice a month.

Comment

They will be making this "Feature" optional:

https://pointieststick.com/2021/04/1...-now-optional/
              Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Originally posted by Beerislife View Post
                They will be making this "Feature" optional:

https://pointieststick.com/2021/04/1...-now-optional/
                Sometimes it helps to be the squeaky wheel. Nice to see a quick and favorable response as well.

Comment

Working...
                X