This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, interesting for sure.

I know you are no novice, but, after installing and creating the file in /etc/sudoers.d, did you logout/reboot?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Newest attempt:
      Created new KDEneon Virtual installation
      Verified sudoers still did not work.
      Installed "gcc make perl" packages so I could install VirtualBox Guest Extensions and share a folder.
      Rebooted and verified sudoers still did not work.
      Mounted the root btrfs file system and made a snapshot of "@" so I could revert to new without reinstallling.
      Took package list difference and removed all lib, libreoffice, linux-kernel, xorg, python, and fonts files leaving 132 packages.
      Results of sudo apt update (password required( then installing the 132 packages and their depends.
      This failed due to a conflict with kmail.
      I removed kmail and the install completed of 382 packages.
      This resulted in sudoers working.
      I restored the original subvolume and rebooted.
      Verified sudoers still did not work.

I then went through the 132 packages and installed them each until I found the culprit: Installing kubuntu-desktop-settings forces removal of neon-settings. This single package change results in sudoers working again. Here's the apt output of the package change:

The following packages will be REMOVED:
      neon-settings
      The following NEW packages will be installed:
      kubuntu-settings-desktop
      0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 1 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
      Need to get 303 kB of archives.
      After this operation, 125 kB of additional disk space will be used.
      Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
      Get:1 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic/universe amd64 kubuntu-settings-desktop
      all 1:18.04ubuntu11 [303 kB]
      Fetched 303 kB in 0s (833 kB/s)
      (Reading database ... 190386 files and directories currently installed.)
      Removing neon-settings (0.0+p18.04+git20190506.0955) ...
      Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/applications/display-im6.desktop to /usr/share/applica
      tions/display-im6.desktop.distrib by neon-settings'
      Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/applications/display-im6.q16.desktop to /usr/share/app
      lications/display-im6.q16.desktop.distrib by neon-settings'
      Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/applications/vim.desktop to /usr/share/applications/vi
      m.desktop.distrib by neon-settings'
      Removing 'diversion of /lib/systemd/system/setvtrgb.service to /lib/systemd/system/setvt
      rgb.service.distrib by neon-settings'
      Removing 'diversion of /usr/bin/firefox to /usr/bin/_neon.firefox by neon-settings'
      Selecting previously unselected package kubuntu-settings-desktop.
      (Reading database ... 190335 files and directories currently installed.)
      Preparing to unpack .../kubuntu-settings-desktop_1%3a18.04ubuntu11_all.deb ...
      Unpacking kubuntu-settings-desktop (1:18.04ubuntu11) ...
      Setting up kubuntu-settings-desktop (1:18.04ubuntu11) ...
      Installing new version of config file /etc/xdg/kcm-about-distrorc ...
      update-alternatives: using /etc/newt/palette.original to provide /etc/newt/palette (newt
      -palette) in manual mode
      Sourcing file `/etc/default/grub'
      Sourcing file `/etc/default/grub.d/99_breeze-grub.cfg'
      Generating grub configuration file ...
      Found theme: /boot/grub/themes/breeze/theme.txt
      Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-4.18.0-20-generic
      Found initrd image: /boot/initrd.img-4.18.0-20-generic
      Found memtest86+ image: /@/boot/memtest86+.elf
      Found memtest86+ image: /@/boot/memtest86+.bin
      done
      Processing triggers for mime-support (3.60ubuntu1) ...
      Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.23-1ubuntu3.18.04.2) ...
      Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.17-2) ...
      stuart@neon-VirtualBox:~/Public/Documents$

So some setting in or change effected by that package is causing the issue.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
        Well, interesting for sure.

I know you are no novice, but, after installing and creating the file in /etc/sudoers.d, did you logout/reboot?
        Actually that's not necessary in this case. The sudoers files work immediately.

Please Read Me

Comment

Installing kubuntu-desktop-settings forces removal of neon-settings.
          And why would one want to install kubuntu-desktop-settings on a KDE neon installation? I know you wouldn't do that, so what other installed package brought it in as a dependency?

Added:

Okay, back at the house and have KDE neon User Edition fired up. kubuntu-desktop-settings isn't installed (expected), so I can't do a reverse depends (apt-cache showpkg) on it. That supports my view that some other package you installed; one that isn't part of KDE neon (from a PPA maybe?); has kubuntu-desktop-settings as a dependency.

Added:

Just now fired up my Kubuntu 18.10 VM. kubuntu-desktop-settings isn't installed, nor can it be installed (E: Unable to locate package kubuntu-desktop-settings). Search in Muon Package Manager finds that it is actually kubuntu-settings-desktop, and is (of course) installed.

apt-cache showpkg kubuntu-settings-desktop

Code:
          Package: kubuntu-settings-desktop
          Versions: 
          1:18.10ubuntu2 (/var/lib/apt/lists/us.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_cosmic_universe_binary-amd64_Packages) (/var/lib/apt/lists/us.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_cosmic_universe_binary-i386_Packages) (/var/lib/dpkg/status)
           Description Language: 
                           File: /var/lib/apt/lists/us.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_cosmic_universe_binary-amd64_Packages
                            MD5: c117d536547fca68e9e608d52e89c5f3
           Description Language: en
                           File: /var/lib/apt/lists/us.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_cosmic_universe_i18n_Translation-en 
                            MD5: c117d536547fca68e9e608d52e89c5f3

Reverse Depends: 
            kubuntu-desktop,kubuntu-settings-desktop
            kubuntu-full,kubuntu-settings-desktop
          Dependencies: 
          1:18.10ubuntu2 - libnewt0.52 (2 0.52.11-2ubuntu7) python (0 (null)) ttf-ubuntu-font-family (0 (null)) kubuntu-default-settings (3 1:13.04ubuntu1~) plasma-nm (3 0.9.3.1-0ubuntu1) kubuntu-default-settings (3 1:13.04ubuntu1~) plasma-nm (3 0.9.3.1-0ubuntu1) plasma-nm:i386 (3 0.9.3.1-0ubuntu1) plasma-nm:i386 (3 0.9.3.1-0ubuntu1) 
          Provides: 
          1:18.10ubuntu2 - 
          Reverse Provides:
          Last edited by Snowhog; May 19, 2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Back in my KDE neon User Edition VM.

kubuntu-settings-desktop is available for installation. A simulated install shows:

Code:
            Reading package lists... Done
            Building dependency tree       
            Reading state information... Done
            Starting pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 1
            Starting 2 pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 1
            Investigating (0) neon-settings:amd64 < 0.0+p18.04+git20190506.0955 @ii mK Ib >
            Broken neon-settings:amd64 Conflicts on kubuntu-settings-desktop:amd64 < none -> 1:18.04ubuntu11 @un puN >
              Considering kubuntu-settings-desktop:amd64 9998 as a solution to neon-settings:amd64 3
              Removing neon-settings:amd64 rather than change kubuntu-settings-desktop:amd64
            Investigating (0) neon-desktop:amd64 < 4+p18.04+git20190322.1030 @ii mK Ib >
            Broken neon-desktop:amd64 Depends on neon-settings:amd64 < 0.0+p18.04+git20190506.0955 @ii mR >
              Considering neon-settings:amd64 3 as a solution to neon-desktop:amd64 0
              Removing neon-desktop:amd64 rather than change neon-settings:amd64
            Done
            The following additional packages will be installed:
              ttf-ubuntu-font-family
              neon-desktop neon-settings
              kubuntu-settings-desktop ttf-ubuntu-font-family
            0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 2 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
            Remv neon-desktop [4+p18.04+git20190322.1030]
            Remv neon-settings [0.0+p18.04+git20190506.0955]
            Inst ttf-ubuntu-font-family (1:0.83-2 Ubuntu:18.04/bionic [all])
            Inst kubuntu-settings-desktop (1:18.04ubuntu11 Ubuntu:18.04/bionic [all])
            Conf ttf-ubuntu-font-family (1:0.83-2 Ubuntu:18.04/bionic [all])
            Conf kubuntu-settings-desktop (1:18.04ubuntu11 Ubuntu:18.04/bionic [all])

Comment

I have looked at the contents of neon-settings source, and I can't see any scripts or modifications that blatantly involve sudo in any way, at least not anything obvious. I highly doubt it is an dependency difference, as the only deps it has for installation is ruby.

I think it must be doing something on the packagekit side maybe? It does disable unattended upgrades via packagekit, so maybe something is affecting polkit and/or packagekit?
              Last edited by claydoh; May 19, 2019, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I installed all the dependencies prior to installing the kubuntu-settings-desktop. Still, that did not solve the problem.

When I did finally install kubuntu-settings-desktop only neon-settings and neon-desktop were auto-uninstalled and no other packages were installed. Miraculously, sudoers began working.

I just did it again this time on my actual desktop install rather than a VM. It did install ttf-ubuntu-font-family, but on the VM I had already installed that before testing sudo. This means all the dependencies were already present on my desktop except ttf-ubuntu-font-family.

Here's the terminal output:
                stuart@office:/shared/Documents$ sudo apt install kubuntu-settings-desktop
                Building dependency tree
                Starting pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 1
                Starting 2 pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 1
                Investigating (0) neon-settings:amd64 < 0.0+p18.04+git20190506.0955 @ii mK Ib >
                Broken neon-settings:amd64 Conflicts on kubuntu-settings-desktop:amd64 < none -> 1:18.04ubuntu11 @un puN >
                Considering kubuntu-settings-desktop:amd64 9998 as a solution to neon-settings:amd64 3
                Removing neon-settings:amd64 rather than change kubuntu-settings-desktop:amd64
                Investigating (0) neon-desktop:amd64 < 4+p18.04+git20181030.2058 @ii mK NPb Ib >
                Broken neon-desktop:amd64 Depends on neon-settings:amd64 < 0.0+p18.04+git20190506.0955 @ii mR >
                Considering neon-settings:amd64 3 as a solution to neon-desktop:amd64 0
                Removing neon-desktop:amd64 rather than change neon-settings:amd64
                Done
                The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
                linux-headers-4.18.0-17 linux-headers-4.18.0-17-generic linux-image-4.18.0-17-generic linux-modules-4.18.0-17-generic linux-modules-extra-4.18.0-17-generic
                Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
                The following additional packages will be installed:
                ttf-ubuntu-font-family
                neon-desktop neon-settings
                kubuntu-settings-desktop ttf-ubuntu-font-family
                0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 2 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
                Need to get 313 kB of archives.
                After this operation, 158 kB of additional disk space will be used.
                Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
                Get:1 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic/universe amd64 ttf-ubuntu-font-family all 1:0.83-2 [10.2 kB]
                Get:2 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic/universe amd64 kubuntu-settings-desktop all 1:18.04ubuntu11 [303 kB]
                Fetched 313 kB in 0s (1,094 kB/s)
                (Reading database ... 308696 files and directories currently installed.)
                Removing neon-desktop (4+p18.04+git20181030.2058) ...
                Removing neon-settings (0.0+p18.04+git20190506.0955) ...
                Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/applications/display-im6.desktop to /usr/share/applications/display-im6.desktop.distrib by neon-settings'
                Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/applications/display-im6.q16.desktop to /usr/share/applications/display-im6.q16.desktop.distrib by neon-settings'
                Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/applications/vim.desktop to /usr/share/applications/vim.desktop.distrib by neon-settings'
                Removing 'diversion of /lib/systemd/system/setvtrgb.service to /lib/systemd/system/setvtrgb.service.distrib by neon-settings'
                Removing 'diversion of /usr/bin/firefox to /usr/bin/_neon.firefox by neon-settings'
                Selecting previously unselected package ttf-ubuntu-font-family.
                (Reading database ... 308643 files and directories currently installed.)
                Preparing to unpack .../ttf-ubuntu-font-family_1%3a0.83-2_all.deb ...
                Unpacking ttf-ubuntu-font-family (1:0.83-2) ...
                Selecting previously unselected package kubuntu-settings-desktop.
                Preparing to unpack .../kubuntu-settings-desktop_1%3a18.04ubuntu11_all.deb ...
                Unpacking kubuntu-settings-desktop (1:18.04ubuntu11) ...
                Setting up ttf-ubuntu-font-family (1:0.83-2) ...
                Setting up kubuntu-settings-desktop (1:18.04ubuntu11) ...
                update-alternatives: using /etc/newt/palette.original to provide /etc/newt/palette (newt-palette) in manual mode
                Sourcing file `/etc/default/grub'
                Sourcing file `/etc/default/grub.d/99_breeze-grub.cfg'
                Generating grub configuration file ...
                Found theme: /boot/grub/themes/breeze/theme.txt
                Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-4.18.0-20-generic
                Found initrd image: /boot/initrd.img-4.18.0-20-generic
                Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-4.18.0-18-generic
                Found initrd image: /boot/initrd.img-4.18.0-18-generic
                Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-4.18.0-17-generic
                Found initrd image: /boot/initrd.img-4.18.0-17-generic
                Whatever it is, it's not easy to find. The "diversion" statements are interesting, but I haven't the time to run them down at the moment.

My next test will be to install neon yet again, install all that's needed EXCEPT kubuntu-settings-desktop, then snapshot, then install the final package and do a diff of the snapshot against the install. At least we'll know what was added, removed, or edited.

Please Read Me

Comment

OK, here's a new item: I uninstalled kubuntu-settings-desktop and this did not bring back in the two neon packages. sudoers is working normally. Then I re-installed neon-settings and sudoers broke again:

stuart@office:~$ sudo apt install neon-settings
                  Building dependency tree
                  Starting pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 0
                  Starting 2 pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 0
                  Done
                  The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
                  ttf-ubuntu-font-family
                  Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove it.
                  neon-settings
                  0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
                  Need to get 41.7 kB of archives.
                  After this operation, 332 kB of additional disk space will be used.
                  Get:1 http://archive.neon.kde.org/user/lts bionic/main amd64 neon-settings all 0.0+p18.04+git20190506.0955 [41.7 kB]
                  Fetched 41.7 kB in 1s (58.3 kB/s)
                  Preconfiguring packages ...
                  Selecting previously unselected package neon-settings.
                  (Reading database ... 273949 files and directories currently installed.)
                  Preparing to unpack .../neon-settings_0.0+p18.04+git20190506.0955_all.deb ...
                  Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/applications/display-im6.desktop to /usr/share/applications/display-im6.desktop.distrib by neon-settings'
                  Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/applications/display-im6.q16.desktop to /usr/share/applications/display-im6.q16.desktop.distrib by neon-settings'
                  Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/applications/vim.desktop to /usr/share/applications/vim.desktop.distrib by neon-settings'
                  Adding 'diversion of /lib/systemd/system/setvtrgb.service to /lib/systemd/system/setvtrgb.service.distrib by neon-settings'
                  Adding 'diversion of /usr/bin/firefox to /usr/bin/_neon.firefox by neon-settings'
                  Unpacking neon-settings (0.0+p18.04+git20190506.0955) ...
                  Setting up neon-settings (0.0+p18.04+git20190506.0955) ...
                  stuart@office:~$

Last edited by oshunluvr; May 19, 2019, 01:01 PM.

Please Read Me

Comment

Curiouser and curiouser.

Here:
                    Code:
                    show neon-settings

Package: neon-settings
                    Priority: optional
                    Section: kde
                    Installed-Size: 324
                    Maintainer: Neon CI <[EMAIL="neon@kde.org"]neon@kde.org[/EMAIL]>
                    Architecture: all
                    Version: 0.0+p18.04+git20190506.0955
                    Depends: ruby, debconf (>= 0.5) | debconf-2.0
                    Conflicts: kubuntu-settings-desktop
                    Filename: pool/main/n/neon-settings/neon-settings_0.0+p18.04+git20190506.0955_all.deb
                    Size: 41716
                    MD5sum: 8b7166ccd8e174021818530fcb02cb1e
                    SHA1: 9538c21ad5545b68ce2a085af2a8f3fa36b99820
                    SHA256: 428a7c57de0db820d7e23d8c0cd1b6fa334c987ebd16edf965a36e9932828603
                    SHA512: 5a1433f09eae498662b35eafa31865d371ccabfd384b82d6a804c36a97dfd192e23035754b275160f4ac22555cd50603b1982929e737c05a78a3bcba3c7c178c
                    Description: Settings and artwork for KDE neon
                     This package contains settings used by KDE neon. It also
                     includes artwork and KDE neon branding.
                     The settings apply to plasma-desktop based workspaces.
                    Description-md5: 4da8a2413e6f90e043e971e4e24451dc

Installed-Size: 324
                    Version: 0.0+p18.04+git20190502.1557
                    Filename: pool/main/n/neon-settings/neon-settings_0.0+p18.04+git20190502.1557_all.deb
                    Size: 41576
                    MD5sum: 104b378ec588d4570c1c0531a31bd917
                    SHA1: bbb2ecf5f8bff8decf4dde78176b220d4a248837
                    SHA256: bac7b0d903fc150411775892835520b3b715fb3209376229982ba7fb93300d0c
                    SHA512: 66b0071626241eacf7e836ea193516cc8f18c28e3f96f85348a1e2dba12a9ad4cef9bfc67bf0aa9d14f48076dd69584d2c66825a5ac31bc95192b671219ec7d9

Installed-Size: 323
                    Version: 0.0+p18.04+git20190429.1237
                    Filename: pool/main/n/neon-settings/neon-settings_0.0+p18.04+git20190429.1237_all.deb
                    Size: 41484
                    MD5sum: 8e926f0497612c9d16366c5cbf9bedea
                    SHA1: 9d4526a945cf8dacc3dcc303956a93b0362723d9
                    SHA256: bf2156abd6a69ddc2b6c4619bf38c7623e3070954807b1972b1c0734cf845f3c
                    SHA512: f6395ade39589e815c213cbd7663d0cf97d6eac83f2f5cf7d8bd9606c609d98667ae8ecd2b25f757f3cc2687cef09ce769c6a0df1cbddfe893d3f2fd695dfc3d

Installed-Size: 319
                    Version: 0.0+p18.04+git20190423.1433
                    Filename: pool/main/n/neon-settings/neon-settings_0.0+p18.04+git20190423.1433_all.deb
                    Size: 41044
                    MD5sum: 6d34d533a9518725f1717ecfd3c0950f
                    SHA1: 27733103765ce42d885490fa4e5640ec76ce8c23
                    SHA256: b6391d81b8ca431575f8fa95962580abe949fab1823e70c42d8d08761a540146
                    SHA512: 797b6ada36d6989af309e4eb0a0e40157883e30c34ece46f727fd125b2edda8a0f0654c0dee7868410a70929877fae50d205c6a9fb90bd6a48eb7fc5ff02ae7b

sudo apt install --simulate neon-settings

[sudo] password for paul: 
                    Building dependency tree       
                    neon-settings is already the newest version (0.0+p18.04+git20190506.0955).
                    neon-settings set to manually installed.
                    Starting pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 0
                    Starting 2 pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 0
                    Done
                    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
                    And in this KDE neon User Edition, as stated, it works.

Comment

More info:

Here's the bug report: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=407729

Basically, I've narrowed the behavior down to just apt and apt-get. All my other commands in sudoers.d work including those in the same file and line as /usr/bin/apt and /usr/bin/apt-get regardless of the installation of neon-settings except for apt and apt-get. Once neon-settings is uninstalled, apt and apt-get will work without a sudo password. I've been able to replicate this in VMs and well as on my system.

Weirdly specific. isn't it? I'm thinking it's likely something apt and apt-get access rather than the actual binaries themselves but I don't know what to look at next.

Please Read Me

Comment

I have to amend my earlier statement that it all works here in my KDE neon User Edition installation. I just now tried running sudo apt update and was prompted for my password, so yes, what you are experiencing affects me as well. My /etc/sudoers.d/paul contents:

paul barley-cat = (root) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/apt,/usr/bin/apt-get,/usr/bin/add-apt-repository,/usr/bin/apt-add-repository,/usr/bin/ucaresystem-core

Executing sudo apt (or apt-get) update prompts for my password.

Harald Sitter just commented on your bug report. Says, and I confirmed here, that KDE neon now uses /usr/sbin/apt and /usr/sbin/apt-get. I changed my references in /etc/sudoers.d/paul and verified that apt and apt-get now don't prompt for my password.
                        Last edited by Snowhog; May 23, 2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

That's interesting. /usr/sbin/apt and apt-get are links to /usr/sbin/apt-overlay, which unless I'm mistaken uses /usr/bin/apt and apt-get:
                          Code:
                          [FONT=monospace][COLOR=#000000]if ARGV.include?('upgrade') && STDOUT.isatty[/COLOR]
                            warn 'On KDE neon you should use `pkcon update` to install updates.'
                            warn 'If you absolutely must use apt you do have to use dist-upgrade or' \
                                 ' full-upgrade in place of the upgrade command.'
                            warn '  https://neon.kde.org/faq#command-to-update'

abort 'Abort.' unless ARGV.include?('-y') || ARGV.include?('--yes')
                          end

basename = File.basename(__FILE__)
                          exec("/usr/bin/#{basename}", *ARGV)

[/FONT]
                          The key being the last line. Strange way to implement this.

Please Read Me

Comment

I guess neon-settings must contain a piece that redirects bin/apt to sbin/apt - to explain why that package made a difference.

Please Read Me

Comment

I was looking at the contents of the neon-settings package, but didn't dig too deep, but one of the things neon-settings adds is the /usr/sbin/apt and /usr/sbin/apt-get, which are actually symlinks to a ruby script /usr/sbin/apt-overlay:

Code:
                              # GNU General Public License for more details.
                              #
                              # You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
                              # along with this program.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

# Intercept apt calls and inform the user that upgrade is not a valid argument
                              # on neon.

# Apt is a CLI tool. I don't think this is worth faffing about with translations
                              # for, so we just use verbatim strings here without any l10n rigging.

# When in batch mode let 'upgrade' through all the same. Batch mode is when
                              # no tty is attached to stdout. This is in line with how apt's interface
                              # stability warning works.
                              # This is specifically to prevent scripts from breaking. e.g. ubiquity
                              # will attempt to run upgrade but should generally qualify as !tty.
                              if ARGV.include?('upgrade') && STDOUT.isatty
                               [COLOR="#FF0000"] warn 'On KDE neon you should use `pkcon update` to install updates.'
                                warn 'If you absolutely must use apt you do have to use dist-upgrade or' \
                                     ' full-upgrade in place of the upgrade command.'
                                warn '  [url]https://neon.kde.org/faq#command-to-update[/url]'
                              [/COLOR]
                                abort 'Abort.' unless ARGV.include?('-y') || ARGV.include?('--yes')
                              end

basename = File.basename(__FILE__)
                              exec("/usr/bin/#{basename}", *ARGV)

So basically, this is to give a warning to Neon users who attempt to use apt as if it were a Debian distro , where upgrade is the the correct usage, over dist-upgrade of full-upgrade.
                              This was sort of a rampant issue early on, which is why the devs chose to promote pkcon, as the commands there are the same no matter the distro (including Suse and Fedora)

/usr/sbin takes precedence over /usr/bin, and the script calling /usr/bin/apt , but adding the message only if upgrade is called

Comment

I never use "upgrade" only "full-upgrade" so that's why I never noticed the change. Old habits...

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                                X