Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

upgrade user edition to gitstable-current possible?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] upgrade user edition to gitstable-current possible?

are there big differences between gitstable-current and the User Edition and can I upgrade from the User Editio to gitstable-current via sources.list?

It *should* be ok, but there is always a (small) chance for packaging conflicts that need to be resolved. Even then, probably not difficult to overcome.
    A downside may be the ability, or lack of, being able to easily go back to stable.

Comment

BTRFS = snapshots = roll-back

Jus' sayin'

Please Read Me

Comment

I betcha if you add the repo as if it were a PPA using add-apt-repository it would allow for downgrading using ppa-purge
        I may try this later. Who needs to reinstall just to be able to use all that fancy shmancy file system foo

Comment

It works very fast, but it seems there is maybe a kernel bug ... when linux-lowlatency was installed in gitstable the system freezes after a reboot. So I will keep the LTS version for a while!

Comment

You don't have to use the low-latency kernel. AFIAK, it's not recommended unless you know you need it. You can stay with unstable version of Neon and use the regular kernel.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
              You don't have to use the low-latency kernel. AFIAK, it's not recommended unless you know you need it. You can stay with unstable version of Neon and use the regular kernel.
              I use it w/ default Neon User edition as an audio workstation DAW & here it works also incl. nvidia 414 driver ...
              so I thought gitstable is pretty fast & my DAW performance could be improved a little more, but the user edition w/ lowlatency is ok!

Comment

Originally posted by cluster View Post
                I use it w/ default Neon User edition as an audio workstation DAW & here it works also incl. nvidia 414 driver ...
                so I thought gitstable is pretty fast & my DAW performance could be improved a little more, but the user edition w/ lowlatency is ok!
                Ah, I see you are the user that needs the low latency kernel.

Curious why it is good in the LTS version but not in the DEV version. It appears all the Neon releases ship with the same kernel. What kernel version did you install?

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                  Ah, I see you are the user that needs the low latency kernel.

Curious why it is good in the LTS version but not in the DEV version. It appears all the Neon releases ship with the same kernel. What kernel version did you install?
                  haha, yep would be nice to have one for the future versions!
                  yes it looks strange, I have already tried w/ a liquorix kernel which also shows a black screen ...

Comment

please add the linux-lowlatency support for 5.15!
                    neon is one of the best platforms for linux audio production so that includes a low-latency kernel. also the entire system (performance) benefits from the LT kernel!

Comment

I don't think any Neon devs hang out here. You might try the IRC channel.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                      X