Plasma 6 odd-ball icon behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma 6 odd-ball icon behavior

I use Puddletag fairly often and since the upgrade to Plasma 6 the icon is not honored or is missing.

What seems odd to me - and maybe I do not understand how this works - the Icon in the menu and in Kmenuedit is the original Puddletag icon (blue puddle) but when I launch Puddletag, the icon in the Task Manager is a weird yellow W - like maybe Wordpress or something. Even more odd, when I launch Puddletag, the task manager icon is the blue puddle with a spinning animation (like it's loading) but then it changes to the yellow W when loaded. Both icons are visible until it's done loading, then the blue puddle icon disappears leaving only the yellow W.

Here the two icons showing together:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240319_095046.jpg Views:	5 Size:	5.9 KB ID:	677454
    So if that's odd enough, but I cannot find the blue puddle icon anywhere. A couple icons sets I have installed have a Puddletag icon but it looks like a price tag with an E in it. I have no idea where the yellow W is coming from. I'm currently using "Breeze-Blur-Glassy" icons.

I finally found the puddle icon at /use/share/pixmaps/puddletag.png but I'm trying to figure out the best way to set it in use...
    Last edited by oshunluvr; Mar 19, 2024, 08:32 AM.

Please Read Me

The weird yellow W is the "Wayland" icon...

Please Read Me

Comment

OK, turns out this is fairly common but there is a way to fix it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sungl8gWU_8&t=129s

Worked like a charm! The guy in the video talks kinda fast so I had to backup/replay/pause several times but I got it.

EDIT:
      Well, it appears the issue is many of the programs show up in the their description as "Application settings for python3". So when I changed puddletag it also changed Openshot to the puddletag icon.

I'm not sure if changing the "Application settings for python3" to "Application settings for puddletag" will work or not...
      Last edited by oshunluvr; Mar 21, 2024, 07:00 AM.

Please Read Me

Comment

Yeah - no good. Back to the drawing board

Please Read Me

Comment

OK, so by adding the "Window Title" to the special properties and using the program name I now have Puddletag with the correct Task Manager icon and Window icon. Strangely, with Openshot I have the correct Task Manager icon but still shows the Wayland icon in the window
          Last edited by Snowhog; Mar 21, 2024, 09:43 AM.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
          X