Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Plasma 6 - CTL+ESC Processes Window - Re-establish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ABANDONED] With Plasma 6 - CTL+ESC Processes Window - Re-establish?

So it seems the CTRL+ESC function to the Process Window has been removed and now SuperKey+ESC is used but goes to the new System Monitor.

Fine, OK, however, System Monitor has not keyboard controls to navigate that.

I used the old viewer because when programming here, yes I can lock up a screen and use that to knowing my key strokes which allows me to kill a process. Convoluted I know but it works for me.

Anyone know what program the old CTRL+ESC executed? On an older system, what I found was "KDE Daemon" but that really isn't a "thing" to run to get the Processes Window.

I take it no one has issue with that functionality. I'll move on.

Comment

Sorry, I prefer htop for such things and never use System Monitor
      Did you try if it could be a replacement for you? You could start htop with KRunner for example.
      Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Mar 17, 2024, 04:17 AM.
      Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
      Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
      install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

I looked into it but couldn't figure out how to launch the kded5 thing to get where you wanted.

It is kind of annoying that you a required to use the mouse.

Please Read Me

Comment

It is annoying, especially when programming you can freeze up the display and mouse and all you have are key strokes. It is what it is. I'll adapt. I have before and will again.

Comment

Working...
          X