Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wayland / Plasma 6 logout/login time and blank screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wayland / Plasma 6 logout/login time and blank screen?

Today I had a logout that took 10 15 seconds to get to the login screen, then the double kde gears login I've mentioned elsewhere.

I ran a timer and did a logout - re-login in and this time it only took 5 seconds to log out but 36 seconds from entering my password to the usable desktop.

AMD video, dual 4K screens, KDEneon updated, Wayland session. Here's what I experience:
    • SDDM greeter on both screens
    • Enter password.
    • Gear animation begins a second later on screen 1, screen 2 appears off
    • Desktop background and widgets appear on screen 1 but no taskbar
    • After a few seconds both screens go back to the Gears animation
    • After a considerable time, full desktop appears on both screens.
    • When selecting Logout both screens go black for 6-12 seconds
    The only modification I made was back prior to Wayland I edited sddm Xsetup to only use a single monitor. It looks like the upgrade to Plasma 6 replaced that file with a new one. I have removed my other edits with regard to the single screen sddm setup.
    Last edited by oshunluvr; Mar 12, 2024, 07:19 AM.

Please Read Me

There seem to be people with similar problems both in X11 and Wayland - perhaps one of the threads over at discuss.kde.org contains a clue for you (although the original poster of the first one uses 5.27.x):

Plasma takes over a minute to load
    or
    Slow Desktop loading (Plasma 6)
    and others…
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

This seems to be resolved.

CORRECTION: The behavior returned when re-logging in after logging off.
      Last edited by oshunluvr; Mar 13, 2024, 08:18 AM.

Please Read Me

Comment

I've seen all types of odd graphic issues. One machine, and all in one, the display would be black after a brief glimpse of what should be displayed. Log In screen, Desktop, Lock-screen.

Only way to get it visible is to move the mouse and act like entering information and it would reluctantly come up and stay up at least while using it. (X11 and Wayland)

As of today on an update, that seems resolved. I hope it stays that way.

Seems similar to you issue, I'm just not sure.

Comment

Working...
        X