Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New QT6 Dolphin no longer loading Service Menus.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] New QT6 Dolphin no longer loading Service Menus.

In addition to my previous complaint about Dolphin, now another new Dolphin issue: My service menus are gone. A brief web search revealed this has something to do with the QT6 version of Dolphin.

I might have to revert to the Jan. version of my system. This really sucks.
    Last edited by oshunluvr; Mar 09, 2024, 10:04 AM.

Please Read Me

The QT5 to QT6 transition definitely has it's difficulties. But we all remember the move from KDE3 to KDE4, right? All of these transition issues will get worked out.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      ...But we all remember the move from KDE3 to KDE4, right?...
      Nope. I'm too old to remember back that far...

LOL

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
        But we all remember the move from KDE3 to KDE4
        Or the qt4/KDE 4 to qt 5/Plasma 5...... which was 10 years ago, of course,. it all blends into one long blur. I recall the transition from KDE 2 to 3. Quite minor in terms of compatibility, but there was a release-day bug where Kmail deleted ALL your mail archives, and POP mail was the norm......and someone had no long- term backups

Comment

Looks like a lot is missing from the Dolphin right-click menu besides service menus. Like "Actions" > "Rename with Krename"

Please Read Me

Comment

Possibly you already have seen that, but perhaps this helps: https://discuss.kde.org/t/service-menu-plasma-6/

There also are one or two other threads about this over at discuss.kde.org
            Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
            Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
            install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Fixed:

https://discuss.kde.org/t/service-menu-plasma-6/11460/7

Note the part about the change to the services file.

This:

MimeType=all/allfiles;inode/directory;

replaces this:

ServiceTypes=KonqPopupMenu/Plugin,inode/directory

Please Read Me

Comment

Got most of them working anyway...

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                X