Where is the libreoffice settings folder in KDE neon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the libreoffice settings folder in KDE neon

Just a few hours ago I have installed KDE neon. Now I want to copy my custom dictionary in LibreOffice. I have installed it and I expected to find its folder in: .config - user. and so on. No LIbreoffice folder whatsoever. Who can tell me more?

In Libreoffice:

Tools > Options > Paths >

It normally is ~/.config/libreoffice

Please Read Me

Comment

Should be in ~/.config/libreoffice

But, if you haven't actually opened the application yet in your new install, the directories won't be there, until it is actually used.

You can simply copy the dirs to the same place(s) that they were on the other install, or create them yourself.
      Or copy the whole ~/.config/libreoffice to the new install
      Or just open LO Writer briefly, and they will be created for you, and copy your dictionary file to wherever it needs to be put.

However, if you simply used Discover to install , you probably installed the flatpak.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240124_150402.png Views:	0 Size:	47.8 KB ID:	676506
      For the flatpak, the dirs will be: ~/.var/app/org.libreoffice.LibreOffice/config/libreoffice/ instead of ~/.config/libreoffice

The main LO deb package probably isn't showing up in Discover as it comes preinstalled on Ubuntu, and they may have left out the metadata for it, or something along those lines.
      if you want the deb stuff instead, you will want to install it using apt, after uninstalling the newer version you have using Discover (if you want)

So, after removing the flatpak: sudo apt install libreoffice libreoffice-kf5
      Last edited by claydoh; Jan 24, 2024, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Indeed, normally it is in .config as I stated. I considered the option that the folders where created as soon as I start using LO but that did not happen. So it could indeed be as Claydoh (who is advising me all day already. My thanks. ) says here, I might have installed the snap. For now it is time to end the day but I am going to follow the procedure as above. For some reason I prefer the old fashioned .deb instead of snap but that might have something to do with being used to.

Comment

Now there is indeed the familiar folder in .config.

Comment

Working...
          X