, after update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

, after update

All my Clementine playlists are in xspf format and Clementine doesn't see them any more. If I try to save a new one, it's in m3u format. Something seems to have changed.

Is this permanent? Should I translate all my playlists (or rebuild them)?
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

At the risk of being not helpful: Perhaps it is time to change the music player? The last version of Clementine is from 2016…

I personally don't use a music player on Linux, but I have read many times that Strawberry (https://www.strawberrymusicplayer.org/) would be a good choice for former Clementine users - it is based on Qt and actively being developed.

I found this in a quick search about importing playlists from Clementine to Strawberry: https://wiki.strawberrymusicplayer.o...rom_Clementine
    Be sure to backup your data before trying anything!
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Dec 16, 2022, 06:05 AM. Reason: typos
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Piling on with the "net helpful" group: I believe m3u is much more of a standard than xspf, or at least much more common. Honestly, I'm surprised Clementine still works. I had to give up Amarok many years ago when development and maintenance ceased. I use Strawberry now. IMO it's not a full of features as Amarok was, but it's in current development and improves all the time. If it were me, I'd go ahead and convert them - seems you don't really have a choice anyway.

Looks like VLC will convert them for you, or one could build a bash script and automate the process if you have quite a few.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
        Strawberry (https://www.strawberrymusicplayer.org/) would be a good choice for former Clementine users
        I agree here, as it is a fork of Clementine, which itself is a fork of the KDE era version of Amarok

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
        The last version of Clementine is from 2016…
        true, but the version in Ubuntu Jammy is a git pull from ....2020. The project is still at least semi-active

As to xspf, Clementine was simply importing these files, iirc. Dunno if it is simply broken in the version you have, or has a missing component.

I'd try Strawberry myself. It what I was using myself before I moved to using my phone's superior audio hardware for most everything.

Comment

I'm surprised. I used to use Strawberry, after Amarok entered its death throes. Something wrong in Strawberry caused me to switch to Clementine, so it's musical music players for me. Back to Strawberry. Thanks from my black cat to the German one and to all for the suggestions.
          'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X