X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] Deprecated key problem

sudo apt-get update gives:

Code:
    W: file:/var/lib/preinstalled-pool/dists/jammy/Release.gpg: Key is stored in legacy trusted.gpg keyring (/etc/apt/trusted.gpg), see the DEPRECATION section in apt-ke
    Code:
    y(8) for details.
    This problem is handled at several sites,like

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1403...403964#1403964

but their solutions look very messy. There must be an easier way. (Maybe by just ignoring it...?)

Last edited by joneall; Oct 28, 2022, 02:08 PM.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Launch Discover. Click on Settings. Click on Software Sources. Either uncheck or delete the entry for this local machine repository. It isn't needed once Neon is installed.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Deprecated, but apt will still work with it for the foreseeable future.
      This is just a warning, not an error

You can ignore it, or.... since the specific repo is only used from the live ISO image, and should have been removed I think, you could remove the 'preinstalled' repo from your sources, as well as the unnecessary files
      The sources file will be /etc/apt/source.list.d/preinstalled-pool-list
      And the directory with the unnecessary debs: /var/lib/preinstalled-pool can also be deleted. Clears up about 60Mb of space.

A bug that these were left behind I imagine.

Comment

Removing the preinstalled pool did the trick. Thanks, both.
        'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          Click on Software Sources
          Neon users won't have this Kubuntu specific button/tool, though the relevant repo will show up in the list below "KDE neon 5.26" as an item that can be un-checked that way (but not deleted)
          I forgot about that.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
            Neon users won't have this Kubuntu specific button/tool
            I beg to differ.

While not obvious, the 'button' is "... Software Sources" as shown in the first image below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 3.38.33 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	133.4 KB ID:	666310

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 3.39.21 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	200.7 KB ID:	666311
            Last edited by Snowhog; Oct 28, 2022, 03:20 PM.

Comment

No, that is Kubuntu/Lubuntu's software-properties-qt application, which most definitely does not come with a stock KDE neon.
              It is definitely available in neon since it is coming from the Ubuntu repos, but is not included in the install.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221028_172628.png
Views:	445
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	666313

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                No, that is Kubuntu/Lubuntu's software-properties-qt application
                Ah! So the Muon Package Manager ‘fix’ (https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forum/...ackage-manager) also resulted in this ‘addition’ to Discover.
                Last edited by Snowhog; Oct 28, 2022, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                  Ah! So the Muon Package Manager ‘fix’ (https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forum/...ackage-manager) also resulted in this ‘addition’ to Discover.
                  The button has been there in Discover for some time, at least since 20.04, when software-properties-qt is present.
                  I don't recall if the same behavior happened in older releases, with the previous iteration of the utility software-properties-kde

Comment

Working...
                  X