This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
    A few days ago nforce was the fastest mirror.
    Otherwise it's just one of the three standard repositories.
    ,,,,,,,,,,I dont know about standard ,,,,,,,,I would comment it out ,,,,,and try the
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get  dist-upgrade
    to see what happens ,,,,,,,,what version of Neon is this you are on ,,,,,,and I will check (if I have this one installed ) ...the "standard" repo list.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Commenting out the repo's with ubuntu main restricted universe and multiverse is going to affect a lot of updates, again not a good move.
      Anyway, today it is a different mirror;
      Code:
      deb http://mirrors.coreix.net/ubuntu/ xenial main restricted universe multiverse
      dist-upgrade (or using Muon) will remove neon so that's a no-no.

The installed version of neon is: 4+p16.04+git20170907.1335

Comment

Commenting out the repo's with ubuntu main restricted universe and multiverse is going to affect a lot of updates, again not a good move.
        Anyway, today it is a different mirror;
        Code:
        deb http://mirrors.coreix.net/ubuntu/ xenial main restricted universe multiverse
        dist-upgrade (or using Muon) will remove neon so that's a no-no.

The installed version of neon is: 4+p16.04+git20170907.1335
        I'm sorry

but that is a package version ,,,,,what package ,,,neon-desktop ,,,that is just a meta package that contains the default set of packages on a neon install as dependencies so they get pulled in

what I meant was what version of Neon ,,,,,,, user , user-LTS , /dev/stable , /dev/unstable

VINNY
        16GB RAM

Comment

Ah OK.
          neon-useredition-20170831-1019-amd64

Comment

and one more time ,,,lets see

Code:
            cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/neon.list
            I cant see yet why you have git packages coming in ,,,,,,the user user-LTS should be named like this
            plasma-framework_5.35.0-0neon+16.04+xenial+build18_amd64.deb
            not

plasma-framework_5.37.0+p16.04+git20170908.1048-0_amd64.deb
            the former was from the neon-user-LTS

the later from neon-/dev/stable

only the dev versions should be named with a git annotation ,,,,I think

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

Me thinks it's time to produce a list of installed .deb packages (from the command line) filtered for 'git'. We'll then know what git packages got installed and are affecting his installation.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                Me thinks it's time to produce a list of installed .deb packages (from the command line) filtered for 'git'. We'll then know what git packages got installed and are affecting his installation.
                +1 ,,,sounds reasonable to me at this point.

but we also need to find out why their their in the first place .

VINNY
                16GB RAM

Comment

I don't quite see why you are looking for git packages.

Anyway, as far as I know none are installed.

Oh, Muon finds libgit2-24

Code:
                  teunis@teunis-verbatim:~$ dpkg-query --list *git*
                  Gevraagd=(U)onbekend/(I)nstalleren/ve(R)wijderen/(P)wissen/(H)ouden
                  | Status=Niet/Inst/Conf/Uitgep/halF-geconf/Halfgeïnst/verWacht-trig/Trig-bezig
                  |/ Fout?=(geen)/heRinst. nodig/ (Status,Fout: hoofdletter=ernstig)
                  ||/ Naam                                         Versie                      Architectuur                Omschrijving
                  +++-============================================-===========================-===========================-==============================================================================================
                  un  git                                          <geen>                      <geen>                      (geen beschrijving beschikbaar)
                  un  gitweb                                       <geen>                      <geen>                      (geen beschrijving beschikbaar)
                  ii  libgit2-24:amd64                             0.24.1-2                    amd64                       low-level Git library

Comment

Yes I did these cleaning commands but nothing changed except the dist-uprade wants to remove a whole swath of essential applications.
                    (Some of it is in Dutch)

Code:
                    De volgende pakketten zijn automatisch geïnstalleerd en zijn niet langer nodig: 
                    discover discover-data fonts-noto fonts-noto-cjk fonts-noto-mono fonts-noto-unhinted gtk2-engines-pixbuf gtk3-engines-breeze ieee-data kaccounts-providers kded5 kgamma5 libaccounts-glib0
                    libaccounts-qt5-1 libcln6 libdiscover2 libfakekey0 libibus-1.0-5 libkaccounts1 libkf5emoticons-bin libkf5emoticons-data libkf5emoticons5 libkf5holidays-data libkf5holidays5 libkf5jsembed-data
                    libkf5jsembed5 libkf5people-data libkf5people5 libkf5peoplebackend5 libkf5peoplewidgets5 libkf5xmlrpcclient-data libkf5xmlrpcclient5 libkfontinst5 libkfontinstui5 libplasma-geolocation-interface5
                    libqalculate5-data libqt5designercomponents5 libscim8v5 libsignon-plugins-common1 libsignon-qt5-1 libtaskmanager6 libuv1 libweather-ion7 libxcb-record0 muon-notifier nodejs nodejs-legacy
                    plasma-desktop-data plasma-integration qdbus-qt5 qml-module-org-kde-activities qml-module-org-kde-extensionplugin qml-module-org-kde-kholidays qml-module-org-kde-kwindowsystem
                    qml-module-org-kde-solid qml-module-qt-labs-settings qml-module-qtwebkit qml-module-ubuntu-onlineaccounts qtdeclarative5-qtquick2-plugin qttools5-dev-tools signon-plugin-oauth2 sni-qt sshfs
                    Gebruik 'sudo apt autoremove' om ze te verwijderen.
                    De volgende pakketten zullen VERWIJDERD worden:
                    kdeconnect kinfocenter libkf5purpose-bin libqalculate5v5 neon-desktop plasma-desktop plasma-widgets-addons plasma-workspace plasma-workspace-wayland qml-module-org-kde-purpose sddm-theme-breeze
                    0 opgewaardeerd, 0 nieuw geïnstalleerd, 11 te verwijderen en 0 niet opgewaardeerd.
                    Na deze bewerking zal er 60,0 MB schijfruimte vrijkomen.
                    Whereby the first sentence says: The next packages were automatically installed and no longer needed.
                    Then it tels me to use autoremove to remove them followed by: The next packages will be REMOVED.

So I answered No.

And tried sudo apt upgrade which gave:
                    Code:
                    Entering ResolveByKeeprgerekend... 50%
                    Dependencies are not satisfied for plasma-workspace [ amd64 ] < 4:5.10.1+p16.04+[COLOR=#ff0000]git20170610.0324-0[/COLOR] -> 4:5.10.5+p16.04+git20170904.1424-0 > ( kde )
                    Keeping package plasma-workspace:amd64
                    Dependencies are not satisfied for plasma-workspace-wayland [ amd64 ] < [COLOR=#000000]4:5.10.1+p16.04+[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]git20170610.0324-0 [/COLOR]-> 4:5.10.5+p16.04+git20170904.1424-0 > ( kde )
                    Keeping package plasma-workspace-wayland:amd64
                    Opwaardering wordt doorgerekend... Klaar
                    De volgende pakketten zijn achtergehouden:
                    plasma-workspace plasma-workspace-wayland
                    De volgende pakketten zullen opgewaardeerd worden:
                    kdeconnect kinfocenter neon-desktop
                    3 opgewaardeerd, 0 nieuw geïnstalleerd, 0 te verwijderen en 2 niet opgewaardeerd.
                    Er moeten 1568 kB aan archieven opgehaald worden.
                    Na deze bewerking zal er 1024 B extra schijfruimte gebruikt worden.
                    Some unmet dependencies so two packages are held beck and three can be upgraded, which I did.

This is what I mean with the difference between the two upgrade options.
                    from your output @hear

O and try a
                    dpkg -l | grep git
                    VINNY
                    16GB RAM

Comment

Are we sure that you are not running a dev setup?

Code:
                      Entering ResolveByKeeprgerekend... 50%
                       Dependencies are not satisfied for plasma-workspace [ amd64 ] < 4:5.10.1+p16.04+git20170610.0324-0 -> 4:5.10.5+p16.04+git20170904.1424-0 > ( kde )
                      Keeping package plasma-workspace:amd64
                       Dependencies are not satisfied for [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]plasma-workspace-wayland [ amd64 ][/COLOR][/B] < 4:5.10.1+p16.04+git20170610.0324-0 -> 4:5.10.5+p16.04+git20170904.1424-0 > ( kde )
                      Keeping package plasma-workspace-wayland:amd64
                      Opwaardering wordt doorgerekend... Klaar
                      De volgende pakketten zijn achtergehouden:
                       plasma-workspace plasma-workspace-wayland
                      De volgende pakketten zullen opgewaardeerd worden:
                       kdeconnect kinfocenter neon-desktop
                      3 opgewaardeerd, 0 nieuw geïnstalleerd, 0 te verwijderen en 2 niet opgewaardeerd.
                      There is no plasma-workspace-wayland in User or LTS neon

what are the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list.d/neon.list?

There are plenty of packages in neon with "git" in their filenames (which won't show up in general searches as these don't usually go by the files' physical naming)
                      http://archive.neon.kde.org/user/pool/main/n/neon-meta/
                      These are usually not plasma related, such as the example above.
                      A number of core Ubuntu base packages can have 'git' in their file names as well.
                      But for the most part, there should be few if any Plasma specific packaging like this.

Comment

A very big OOPS!

I just checked the name of the flash drive I used and it is the unstable developer version, something I downloaded in June just to try the live DE.
                        I must have accidentally installed it on the flash drive right after I downloaded the user edition.

So I have to apologise for all the brain crunching on your side.

At the moment I'm writing a new flash drive and will install again.

Comment

A very big OOPS!

I just checked the name of the flash drive I used and it is the unstable developer version, something I downloaded in June just to try the live DE.
                          I must have accidentally installed it on the flash drive right after I downloaded the user edition.

So I have to apologise for all the brain crunching on your side.

At the moment I'm writing a new flash drive and will install again.

VINNY
                          16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                          X