This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpecialEd View Post
    MakeMKV is for handling the encryption. I use MakeMKV first then run it through Handbrake and usually just keep it as a file on one of many external HDDs but K3b usually comes up automagically when I need to burn a disk.
    as long as you have "libdvdcss2" installed the "encryption" thing is no problem ...I say again,,,,,, "heck you can even open it (the DVD) in dolphin and copy out the mane VOB (it's just a MPEG ) ",,,,,...you do not need makeMKV

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

10-4. If I'm not mistaken, libdvdcss2 was installed via VLC, correct?
      If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

no,,,,,,,,you half to add the videolan repo now days https://www.videolan.org/developers/libdvdcss.html and install libdvdcss2 ,,,,,,,,, then handbrake will do it all .

I was wrong about just puling out the main VOB with dolphin however on most DVD's ,,,,,,,,, handbrake however will take the DVD and give you a nice .mkv ,,,,,,,I just did it for a test

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
          no,,,,,,,,you half to add the videolan repo now days https://www.videolan.org/developers/libdvdcss.html and install libdvdcss2 ,,,,,,,,, then handbrake will do it all .

I was wrong about just puling out the main VOB with dolphin however on most DVD's ,,,,,,,,, handbrake however will take the DVD and give you a nice .mkv ,,,,,,,I just did it for a test

VINNY
          My MakeMKV is working well but I can't access the disks properly straight from Handbrake. I already had the above changes in my system but I ran them again, just in case.
          If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Working...
          X