Kmail no longer can access Gmail server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
    Thanks Claydoh, all is successfully done so far.

Comment

Originally posted by rab0171610 View Post
      You could also give up on kmail and use another app like thunderbird. Kmail is not that great IMO anyway, esp if you are having to do all this work just to get it to play nice with gmail. Consider an alternative.
      Thanks! This was in the back of mind, if a solution was not feasible. I have been using Kontact for quite a number of years and have been quit satisfied with its performance with no glitches at all. The reason has been two folds, A- to have a pure kde system with the exception of Firefox, B- its integrated other options such as Calendar, Contacts, To do List, etc. Fortunately the issue is solved now.

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
        You should also check the authentication method in your kmail gmail account settings, in Settings→Configure KMail→Accounts→Receiving→[your Gmail account]→Modify, and in the Advanced tab select "GMAIL" in the Authentication combo box.

This should enable oauth authentication, since user/password authentication has been disabled by google, "GMAIL" should be the default on new gmail accounts in kmail, but it might not be for older accounts.
        I don't use gmail (and no one really should ), so I can't really test, but worth checking.
        Yes of course it was done after setting the App Password. Thanks any way!

Comment

Glad you got it working again!

Comment

Working...
          X