This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] No CPU temperature listing in Thermal Widget Monitor

Since I installed KDE Neon several months ago I have been trying to get the Thermal widget to display the CPU temperatures. It displays the HD temps just fine but won't display the sensors for the CPU temperature.

A few minutes ago I read on Reddit that installing the KSysguard allowed the widget to work properly. So, I installed KSysguard and it gave me access to my CPU sensor data. The widget is now working fine.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

I've been using psensor for a long time. It launches on boot, and shows all kinds of temps - including CPU, down to each core.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
      I've been using psensor for a long time. It launches on boot, and shows all kinds of temps - including CPU, down to each core.
      On your suggestion I installed psensors. Works great, even for my nvme0n1p1 drive, which ThermalD never saw. Thanks for the tip!
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Your welcome!!
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Curious, here my nvme drive did not show up in psensors labeled as a drive, although it does in lm-sensors. Here, it shows as "Composite" and "Sensor 1" and 2. Could be relabeled with configuration I suppose.

Closing the GUI window doesn't kill the application, you have to use the menu option or it leaves the process running.

Over all it seems useful if one needed to troubleshoot some problem potentially related to heat. Not really a concern here. Temps aren't an issue. Too bad it's in GTK, but it's not really something most people will use daily IMO.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
            Curious, here my NVMe drive did not show up in Psensor's labeled as a drive, although it does in lm-sensors. Here, it shows as "Composite" and "Sensor 1" and 2. Could be relabeled with configuration I suppose....
            I unchecked "Composite" and "Sensor 2" and renamed "Sensor 1" to NVM. I removed "ThermalD" from the panel and added PSensor to the system tray. While experimenting, I pinned PSensor to the panel, and it displayed one temp in a bubble at the top of the icon, but not the temps I wanted to see, so I unpinned it.

Comment

I leave psensor running all the time. It spends most of the time in the tray. When it starts on boot, I'll check temps then hit the "x" and drop it into the tray. If I need to react to a possible temp anomaly, I just open it from the tray. It's a simple tool, to me.

Comment

Working...
              X