Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear you were "made right"! That faux board is pure junk
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Pure junk. I put it in the static bag it came from and have stored it in my parts jar, just in case Newegg demands I return it. If they do, I'll request a prepaid package to send it back in. I'm not wasting another penny on that junk.

BTW, the Samsung 1TB NVMe I replaced the junk with barely got warm when I did a btrfs send to it.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Last nite 70 updates came down the pike, including the 1029-oem update.
        5.13.0-1029-oem #36-Ubuntu
        The update also removed about 70 programs, including all of my wine installation.
        After it was done, and I rebooted, I found that my desktop was much snappier than before.

Quite a speed improvement.
        I reinstalled wine, which brought back a lot of the uninstalled software, and my Win apps ran as before.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X