This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Dot Org has a new, slick webite design

This announcement came across today and I have to say, I really like the new and improved KDE.org! Looks much more modern and professional IMHO. To me it's further proof of the good things coming out of the KDE Visual Design Group. Thoughts?
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

As you say a great update to the site but my concern lies within.

Anyone new to KDE goes to the applications section.
    They find a mail programme that, AFAIK, is currently seriously broken and a browser that crashed everytime I entered a url yesterday when I tried it for a few minutes. I uninstalled without delving any further.

So yes, good things are coming, Neon is great as is the website, but if only Kmail and Konqueror had travelled the same journey.
    Thinking hopefully!

Comment

That is nice to see.

What caught my eye right off was the The KDE Slimbook banner. Nice little machine!

Comment

Interesting place to launch a new piece of hardware. Looks great too! Aluminum case? Love that!

I configured one with the i7, 8GB RAM, and AC modem for 938,00 €, which is $995, and if you stick to the i5 it's only 818€/$869 Not too bad. I didn't think the SSD upgrade was needed. 120GB seems like plenty. Who's not backing up to the cloud or to an external device anyway?

Take note it's KDEneon pre-installed, but it says "for the moment" in the description, lol. The only thing I see missing I would like is a display port instead of the mini-hdmi. Then you could hook it to a 4k external monitor in the future.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
        X