This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
    What I, personally, and it is ONLY.........my PERSONAl..observation , think is going to happen is that there are going to be some really enterprising people who make new and beautiful distros FROM neon...
    Think Maui.

As the first derivative of Neon, it's sweet.
    Lenovo T460s

Comment

Originally posted by DrGeoffrey View Post
      Think Maui.

As the first derivative of Neon, it's sweet.
      Yep!! Using Maui here and love it!

Comment

unfortunately i'm older than dirt and stuck in my ways I'll be with Kubu until it fades away into the digital jungle!

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

I read that it might be necessary to purge the kubuntu backports after 'upgrading' (?) to Neon using Kubuntu as a base instead of Ubuntu. I made my change a few weeks ago but didn't purge the backports. Is this necessary? Why? And what command do I use to do this? So far my Neon/Kubuntu hybrid (got the term from GreyGeek) seems to be working well, although at the moment I can't change wallpapers and I have four packages kept back (I'm using the Neon dev-stable edition).

Comment

Originally posted by oldgeek View Post
            I read that it might be necessary to purge the kubuntu backports after 'upgrading' (?) to Neon using Kubuntu as a base instead of Ubuntu. I made my change a few weeks ago but didn't purge the backports. Is this necessary? Why? And what command do I use to do this? So far my Neon/Kubuntu hybrid (got the term from GreyGeek) seems to be working well, although at the moment I can't change wallpapers and I have four packages kept back (I'm using the Neon dev-stable edition).
            You can use the ppa-purge command, using the ppa's url you used to add it via the add-apt-repository command.
            But realistically at this point you are probably fine , at least until/if Kubuntu-backports gets the same plasma/frameworks/applications versions that are in Neon

Comment

Originally posted by oldgeek View Post
              to fix you wallpaper selection in desktop settings copy and paste this
              Code:

[Desktop Entry]
              Encoding=UTF-8
              Name=image

Type=Service
              ServiceTypes=Plasma/Wallpaper
              Icon=preferences-desktop-wallpaper
              X-Plasma-MainScript=ui/main.qml
              X-KDE-PluginInfo-Author=Marco Martin
              X-KDE-PluginInfo-Email=mart@kde.org
              X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name=org.kde.image
              X-KDE-PluginInfo-Version=1.0
              X-KDE-PluginInfo-Website=http://kde.org/
              X-KDE-PluginInfo-License=LGPL
              X-KDE-PluginInfo-EnabledByDefault=true
              in a text file named "metadata.desktop" place the metadata.desktop in /usr/share/plasma/wallpapers/org.kde.image/ ,,,,,,,,,,,,,you will have the wallpaper setting back in desktop settings

the metadata.json that is in their now dose not get read correctly.

I edited the metadata.desktop from the org.kde.hunyango to get this and took out all the other lang's ,,,,,lazy

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I vaguely saw the Maui thing which uses the "Hawaiian" desktop? lol

But, I've been fiddling with Neon and Kubu.

I'll check it out if time permits.

woodsmoke
                sigpic
                Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
                X