X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hybrid neon

Originally posted by acheron View Post
    The devel release is one BIG LTS. It's gets updates all the time. :P
    It may be a "rolling release" but it has also been stated that it is "not a distro". I interpret that to mean it is only a development platform for experimentation and could be discontinued at any time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      It may be a "rolling release" but it has also been stated that it is "not a distro". I interpret that to mean it is only a development platform for experimentation and could be discontinued at any time.
      Kubuntu devel I was referring to. i.e. just about to be 17.04 Zesty Zapus
      On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
        Kubuntu devel I was referring to. i.e. just about to be 17.04 Zesty Zapus
        I missed that. I thought the thread was about updating to Yakkaty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          I missed that. I thought the thread was about updating to Yakkaty
          NP. This thread is wandering a bit back and forth all over the place
          On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Well I have a hybrid setup but I used Ubuntu Server 16.04 as the base OS. I needed to use the server's better partitioner for a custom setup that was not possible with the standard Neon/Kubuntu partitioner. I then added the Neon repos and every thing worked flawlessly and my system has been stable now for a couple of weeks without a single crash. I've yet to install the nvidia graphics drivers though.
            A.B.

Comment

Working...
            X