This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Root Actions Service Menu

Got everything in place but some items don't appear to work. Namely Open as Test. Running the command stated as being generated and run I get the below. Looking in the script gave me no indication further as to the issue. Are there any prerequisites I might be missing that Neon doesn't install by default?

Code:
    /usr/bin/rootactions-servicemenu.pl do_open_with kate /etc/default/grub
    Died at /usr/bin/rootactions-servicemenu.pl line 908.

Works here.

Have you tried launching Dolphin from konsole then attempt the Open as Text options? Might see an error message there...

Please Read Me

Comment

It's going to be because of the 'expected' paths, which in KDE neon, aren't completely the same as what claydoh's Root Action Service Menu expects.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
        It's going to be because of the 'expected' paths, which in KDE neon, aren't completely the same as what claydoh's Root Action Service Menu expects.
        When I said "Works here" I should have been more precise: Works here using KDEneon. The line in question refers to dbus. To whit:

Code:
        # Check whether dbus-run-session (dbus 1.8.x) is available
        $DBUSRUN = "" ;
        if ( `which dbus-run-session` ) {
            $DBUSRUN = "dbus-run-session"}
        This is lines 907-910. This only returns the path to dbus-run-session which is /usr/bin/dbus-run-session. apt-file search reveals the file is from the "dbus" package.

Check the Readme in rootactions package and make sure you have installed everything required. I am assuming you're using 2.9 not 2.7 rootactions?

Please Read Me

Comment

It was the version from KDE-Look. I'll check both out.

EDIT: Yeah, wrong version. Don't know where 2.7 came from as I just downloaded 2.9 from the same location @ KDE-Look. Weird but fixed! Thanks!
          Last edited by MoonRise; Aug 05, 2016, 05:44 PM.

Comment

There you go...

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
            X