This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burg Set up ^^

Hi guys ^^ so I found this BURG called program wich makes you'r grub look nice and cool and since I like to customize my computer I wanted to give it a try.

So Im going to do the quick how to that I found and by the way ask something that lot's of people might want to know if they give it a try. ^^

How to:

In most Linux distros, our bootloader is GRUB, which only shows letters of operating system with which we go up, BURG this change.

BURG is based on GRUB bootloader, with an artistic touch and a great variety of subjects.

To install BURG:

We add your repositories.

* sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bean123ch/burg
    * sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install burg burg-themes

Install BURG in your Master Boot Record.

* sudo burg-install "(hd0)"

Update BURG

* sudo update-burg

To change themes when you reboot your PC, and this on screen by BURG only have to press the button (T) and then select one you want.

[img width=400 height=300]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_s1OLFTHL8Og/TCT7P8e6kMI/AAAAAAAAAbw/_lPAlzX0YAk/s1600/coffee.png[/img]

Note: The configuration file BURG : /boot/burg/burg.cfg

Questions:

SO here Im going to ask a question that I wanted to solve before going to use it.

In grub 2 how do I know where my bootloader is installed?? Hd0

I remember I used to do grub and then from there play around with commands and get it but I have no grub installed I have grub2. lol...

Thanks.

Cheers, Kira.

Re: Burg Set up ^^

Looks snazzy. I won't ever do something like that because it's a hassle to recover things if it goes wrong. But its a cool post.
    Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
    Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
    Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Not to be obvious but it the drive you're booting to. If you don't know which one, check your BIOS.

BTW, assuming a normal setup it would be /dev/sda

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr
        Not to be obvious but it the drive you're booting to. If you don't know which one, check your BIOS.

BTW, assuming a normal setup it would be /dev/sda
        Thats the problem...Im dual booting with windows 7 and Im not 100% sure that hd0 is the one managing all this.

I don't get the ''Check the BIOS'' does it say in the BIOS what device is booting into lol?? Didn't know is that the case.

Will check out later

This is my setup but I cant see which one is HD0...lol and can't know if thats grub...

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X