This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF you are new to Linux and Kubuntu

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Some truth in there, but 41 minutes? I'm too old to spend that much time watching anything from youtube!

Please Read Me

Comment

Thanks GG. I watched the whole thing, a nice video. I have been messing around with Linux for a long time, but I am still very much a beginner because I have forced myself to go full time with Linux.
      Linux User #454271

Comment

I don't fully agree with his opinion about Mint being the only distro a newbie should use. Except for Arch, Slackware, LFS and a couple others most of the Top 100 distros listed on Distrowatch will work great. PCLinuxOS, Mepis, openSUSE, Kubuntu, Neon, Maui, Knoppix, and others. As a rule, try the LiveUSB to see how your hardware works and if you like the approach the distro is taking.

For me, fidelity to KDE is paramount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I don't bother much with videos from that channel.
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

That video could have been half as long and been just as informative. While I have installed Mint for a number of users, almost all of them have opted for the KDE desktop. It is not difficult to set up for new users and as long as they do not try to customise it too soon, they are all happy with it. Of course, I hold their hands for quite a long time but I have only had one user switch to Lubuntu and one to Ubuntu. The rest are happy with Kubuntu or Mint KDE or in one case Neon.
            Volunteer OS Installer and Supporter for New Linux Users.
            So much to learn.... So little time!

Comment

Working...
            X