This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pnunn View Post
    With great fear and trepidation I performed this update (given the mess I made with the Xorg update). I have to say, so far I'v VERY happy. Kmail is actually working as it should (akonadi seems to be way better) and google connections are also working fine.

Thanks so much sumski.

Peter.
    Peter, i'm gonna push an update in a day or two (most likely tommorow, most of packages are built, just haven't enabled publishing for them). It will be/is a git pull of KDE/4.9 branches. A small heads up if you decide to track kubuntu backports PPA for further KDE 4.9 updates.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the heads up sumski. Not sure what your suggesting I should do though (Excuse my ignorance, I've not been using Kubuntu for long, being a recent escapee from Mandriva). Seems to be working well at the moment, so happy to have any more updates you throw my way I guess.

Ta again.

Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by pnunn View Post
        Not sure what your suggesting I should do though
        Not suggesting anything, just so you know you can expect an update soon if you continue with my repo
        sigpic

Comment

I've got the updates and all is good, but I've had to do it a few times now. For some reason there are a bunch of i386 packages that don't select normally (see picture, if I can work out how to add it). If I do select these, it uninstalles KDE, quite a problem. Then need to install kde-* manually to get it to work.

How do I get rid of these from the list?

Peter.Click image for larger version

Name:	packages.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	640090

Comment

Peter, sorry for the inconvenience. Either please temporary comment out that repo, or wait while it finishes building. You can watch the progress here:
            https://build.opensuse.org/project/m...AKDE%3AKubuntu
            It should be sorted out in a few hours, when the repo is published again.
            You see, OBS works in a different way than Launchpad. Launchpad will either build the package or not. After it builds it it will soon push it to repo. With OBS if you have for example, packages A, B, C and B & C depend on A, they will get rebuilt every time package A changes.
            If kdelibs change then all the packages that depend on them will also get rebuilt. Only downsize is that it doesn't build simultaneously for 32bit and 64bit so on a multiarch system it can lead to something like this, and also leads to several updates of the same package.

EDIT:
            Done now
            Last edited by sumski; Sep 05, 2012, 11:00 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Thankyou again for your help and packaging. Now that the repo is finished, it turns out it doesn't even want those packages .

That will teach me to try and force the issue, should just let muon do it's thing and trust that it knows what's going on. I'll be awake to that next time.

Thanks again, all good now and loving the system on the bleeding edge.

Peter.

Comment

I know this is a pretty old thread, but does anyone know what the status on Quantal is, regarding Google/Akonadi integration? In muon I only see the old googledata resource installed. And while email and events work fine, to-dos/tasks do not seem to work.
                Do I have to use the PPA to get task support?

Thanks,
                Chopstick

Comment

Google's implementation of tasks isn't compliant with any standards. It always takes some additional effort to get CalDAV-capable software to see the tasks.

Comment

Is this "additional effort" something we can do from the configuration side, or do you mean to say it has not been implemented yet and is not available, even with the above mentioned PPA? (In Kubuntu 12.10 anyway.)

Comment

My suggestion would be to install the package in the PPA and find out if tasks will work. I no longer use any Google services (except the occasional search), so I'm not intimately familiar with the current state of Akonadi-Google.

Comment

Working...
                      X