This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session duration

I am kicked off the forum, requiring a login, after about 3 minutes of inactivity. Is this Forum policy, or is there a setting that can increase this duration? I could not find any in MyProfile.
    Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
    Always consider Occam's Razor
    Rich

I think the session timeout is set to 15 mins. I'll check when get home, unless another admin is handy.

There is no user adjustable setting for this.

Sent from my dlx using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe someone doesn't want you hanging around?

Please Read Me

Comment

Probably more than one.
        Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
        Rich

Comment

Actually it could be 15 minutes. I was basing it on a browser refresh. Apparently that does not reset the timer. Thanks for the response.
          Rich

Comment

15-minutes is the setting. But if you allow session cookies to be accepted, and when you log in you check the Remember me box, you will stay logged in until you log out.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I'm curious.
              Does it work like this?
              Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
              15-minutes is the setting. But if you allow session cookies to be accepted, and when you log in you check the Remember me box, you will stay logged in until you log out.
              Or does it work like this?
              Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
              We deposit a cookie that holds your session open for 15 minutes. Each time you interact with the site, the timer on the cookie resets. If it takes you longer than 15 minutes to type a post and your session expires, then:

* if you have told the forum to "remember me" upon login, we will give you a new cookie and restore your post content as soon as you do anything on a page
              * if you have not chosen "remember me," we have no way of returning you to your previous session
              https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...ary-annoyances
              sigpic

Comment

The latter.
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                X